blened

CC3D UNSTABLE AFTER A FEW MINUTES FLIGHT
« on: March 14, 2017, 12:57:36 pm »
hello to all boys,
I ask for help because they are desperate and do not know how to fix it ...

I CC3D with ESC Xrotor 20A:
http://www.myrcmart.com/images/upload/HBW-XROTOR-20A-MICRO-BL-HobbyWing-XRotor-20A-Micro-Multirotor-Brushless-ESC-2-4S-BLHeli-01.jpg

the quadcoper is a 180, just plugged voloare well without problems, but after a few minutes of flight tends to go to the right, and sometimes precipitate and the motors run out of control.
I do not understand the problem ... the esc have BLHELI ...

the firmware on cc3d be LIBREPILOT BLACK RHINO

please help me for this

Re: CC3D UNSTABLE AFTER A FEW MINUTES FLIGHT
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 04:53:19 am »
The most common way to make it fail like this after working well is damaged props that are out of balance.  Props must be balanced, even new ones need to be balanced.

Another thing to check is make sure all the screws everywhere are snug.

Finally, does it still have good power?  If you have flown the battery till it wouldn't lift any more, then you have possibly damaged the battery and a battery that can barely lift it doesn't leave room to add more power to a motor to correct when it is unstable.

blened

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 08:49:04 am »
Dear Cliff,
thank you very mutch for your reply ....

I Have Checked everything What you say ... and it looks ok,

another thing that happens is that CC3D randomly turns off the engines in flight.

fall times and other engines continue running unattended

The early model was flying in this way:

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 08:54:32 am »
When RC receiver goes out of range, the default setting is to stop the motors so it doesn't fly away.

(That happens if the RC receiver does not have failsafe and also does not simply hold the last received stick positions)

blened

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 09:51:38 am »
ok i understand , i check the correctly failsafe in tx/rx ...

for the swing to the Right and Loss Control you can ACT on Gyro Noise Filter ?

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 04:53:35 pm »
If it is caused by vibration, the best way is to balance the props very well, and track them so tip#1 and tip#2 pass through the same place instead of one above the other.  Gyro noise filter (GCS -> Configuration -> Stabilization -> Expert page) is last resort because increasing it is like running slower ESCs, you need lower PIDs to avoid oscillation.

You really don't want to change the RC failsafe to "hold what it currently has forever".  If you give it throttle and it goes out of radio range it will "fly away".   :-[  Also, if you switch the transmitter off first, it can start the motors up and you don't expect it.

Maybe just for a test to see if this is what is causing it, you could set RC failsafe to neutral sticks, but less throttle stick than hover position on full fresh battery, then it will come down slower.  After running tests, it is best to put the RC back to "no pulses" because coming down with motors running can cut things like people and property.  Motors running get caught in grass and damage motors, ESCs and cause fires.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 04:58:33 pm by TheOtherCliff »

blened

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 12:43:44 pm »
I want to update my status ..
replaced propellers and it seems that the tendency to go right, there is not present:

to act on noise filter must only change the highlighted parameter?
increasing it?

blened

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 10:25:21 pm »
Dear Cliff,
That changes be made:
1. New propellers and balanced ...
2. esc calibration
Now fly like below:

Please be able to explain why when unbalanced propellers always go to the right?

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 08:54:04 am »
Yes, that is the place to add gyro noise filter... Increase it.

I watched the video and didn't see what you mean unless you are talking about what happened at the end???

Gyros can only handle a certain amount of vibration and more than that makes the readings incorrect.  High vibration generally makes it consistently go the same way, whatever that is.  I don't know if that is your problem.

If running stock firmware you must disable Low Voltage Cutoff or it will flip at the end of flights when the first ESC drops out but the rest still run due to manufacturing differences.

Running out of RC range could do it.

Is it the flip at the end of the video you are talking about?

blened

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 09:18:18 am »
YES I use the stock firmware ....
where it is possible to disable "Low Voltage Cutoff"?

the final flip it be crash :)

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 07:05:43 pm »
What firmware are you running in the ESCs?  Stock, BLHeli, or SimonK?  If firmware is stock, then the LVC (low voltage cutoff) needs to be disabled (set to NiCad).

If the problem never happens at the beginning of a flight and always after battery is getting low, then it is probably LVC.  If it happens when it is far away or behind a house then it is probably RC receiver momentarily looses signal.

The following can not be done with BLHeli or SimonK firmware.  They usually use a different way to set parameters and LVC is usually turned off.  To set LVC, take props off, but motor and flight battery needs to remain connected to ESC.  You would connect each ESC, one at a time, to RC receiver throttle channel and use the ESC beep menu with the transmitter throttle stick.  You should have received instructions with the ESC and the beep menu (what I call it) should be documented there.  You could look up your brand and model of ESC on the internet and find beep menu instructions there.

blened

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2017, 07:22:12 pm »
ok,
thank you very mutch for your advice,

currently use esc BLHELI, very likely that the problem stems from rx or tx rc, they have taken steps to buy new module.

else as written in this post https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=3249.0

My curiosity and my friend understand why cc3d go alone and always right when unbalanced propellers ...

Why just right ?

...8 board to try this ...

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2017, 05:02:30 am »
always right...

It always goes to the same side because of the mechanical design of the gyro and the direction of the intolerable vibration.  If the vibration were in a different direction it would probably go left.  Also, vibration generates a lot of gyro noise which is not symmetric for that reason and it gets clipped on one side and not the other.  Some educated guesses.  :)

blened

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2017, 12:44:48 pm »
thank you Cliff ... you are great !