Zrisst

OSD
« on: November 25, 2015, 11:08:16 am »
I'm waiting to receive a MinimOSD board.
Surfing the web I found some things, but... do you have a good tutorial about configuring MinimOSD for Revo?

Thank you in advance.
Algunos salían a buscar la inmortalidad con tanta intensidad que no volvían.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (de los pilotos de prueba).

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: OSD
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 11:10:50 am »

Zrisst

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 11:17:59 am »
Thanks a lot Laurent...

The LP documentation is excellent (I should took a look there before posting. Sorry).

:)

Zrisst

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 01:52:03 pm »
Surfing I founded various config software for programming MiniOSD with different fields.

https://code.google.com/p/minimosd-extra/downloads/list
Loos like a newer version of the one you linked

https://code.google.com/p/arducam-osd/downloads/list
Diferent one with different HUD options

May I use any of them? Is the .HEX file for tuning for Revo limited to the linked OSDConfig version?

Thanks!

Mateusz

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 02:10:41 pm »
May I use any of them? Is the .HEX file for tuning for Revo limited to the linked OSDConfig version?
Thanks!

There are for sure many variations of firmware for minimosd supporting telemetry protocol either UavTalk or Mavlink. If you pick firmware, it must talk Uavtalk to work with LibrePilot.
Also the uav objects it sends must be up to date with the current flight controller firmware, such that minimosd understands what that means and can display it.

I am not aware of other OSDs firmwares that can do UavTalk, maybe PlayUAVOSD will as they have some UavTalk code in the repo, but for my current builds I use microosd and the minimoposd from the link f5soh provided.

Zrisst

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 02:23:32 pm »
Thanks!

There are for sure many variations of firmware for minimosd supporting telemetry protocol either UavTalk or Mavlink. If you pick firmware, it must talk Uavtalk to work with LibrePilot.
Also the uav objects it sends must be up to date with the current flight controller firmware, such that minimosd understands what that means and can display it.

I am not aware of other OSDs firmwares that can do UavTalk, maybe PlayUAVOSD will as they have some UavTalk code in the repo, but for my current builds I use microosd and the minimoposd from the link f5soh provided.

Thanks. I'll start using the one linked by f5soh then.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 05:48:15 pm »
For uavo and config tool compatibility you should use all files available in wiki page.

Re: OSD Volts with CC3D
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2015, 09:05:54 pm »
New here, first post.

I have been trying to get my OSD to read battery voltage. I have followed the instructions given in libreOSD. I can get it to work fine except the voltage, when I plug the battery in the OSD boots and the volts count down to zero. I have the battery connected to battery one or 2 on the OSD, same resulst. This is using LP_MicroKvteam_CC3D_analog_inputs2810.hex with the recommended character set. If I use the other HEX file LP_MinimOSD_CC3D_analog_inputs2810.hex then the volts count up and stop at 17.09 volts no mater what the battery voltage is. I have tried this with a regular OSD and a mini OSD board. I am using a CC3D board with OP 15.2.2. I know they are communicating with the CC3D because the horizon is working. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thank You Carlos

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2015, 08:54:09 pm »
My OSD did the same thing " count down to zero". I had Batt 1 displayed. I connected power to Batt 2 without changing anything in screen setup and now it works. I however cannot get any data from my CC3D, like horizon,pitch angle, armed/disarmed, ect.

UPDATE: Got this function to work!! Changed CC3D port to Telemetry @ 57600 baud rate, saved and cycled power to board.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 06:26:54 am by RayRegan »

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2015, 09:00:06 pm »
So are you powering both bat 1 and bat2 at the same time. I get horizon have not tried other information. will try and report back. Thanks for your comment.

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2015, 03:01:49 pm »
Got horizon and battery voltage working, all I really care for. Using battery 2 connection.

websjk

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2015, 08:36:13 pm »
How did you get your battery to work??
All of the telemetry from the CC3D works but the battery is like it is not connected.
I am at a loss currently.
thanks
Update:  After getting all the software updated correctly and moving the battery input over to Battery 2 everything Works.   So Battery 1 is the wrong input for Libre Pilot.   
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 11:59:59 pm by websjk »

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2015, 01:30:30 am »
How did you get your battery to work??
All of the telemetry from the CC3D works but the battery is like it is not connected.
I am at a loss currently.
thanks
Update:  After getting all the software updated correctly and moving the battery input over to Battery 2 everything Works.   So Battery 1 is the wrong input for Libre Pilot.

battery 2 is the default one to use anyway. has nothing to do with libre since the battery is connected straight to the osd.

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2015, 06:30:18 am »
This Batt 1/Batt 2 issue seems to be common. Not sure if it is an error in the firmware or what. If your OSD is setup to display Batt 1 then you should connect power to Batt 2 and it will work.

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2015, 06:10:26 pm »
I think it's how it was compiled as to what is where...and actually, I really didn't see an option for the fpv battery, just references to the flight pack and which pins to put it on.
in my case:
#define VOLTAGE_PIN         A0
#define CURRENT_PIN         A1