Parris

Transmitter won't bind to an old build .
« on: March 05, 2017, 11:57:11 pm »

I built a simple quad with a CC3D last year with the help of Librepilot . It was flying great for months , all summer long . Had my settings just as I wanted them .

I stored it over the winter with the transmitter . No batteries connected in storage . And the transmitter is  , and was only used for that craft . I stored both the transmitter and quad together . I was happy with the set-up . Why change anything ? , I thought . I had other projects to work with . Being winter , I worked on the those projects .

The other day I took that quad and transmitter out of storage just to check if it was still flying good . And, it won't bind . Why ? I go through the wizard and everything .

The only thing I have done differently over the winter is to update my Librepilot to Rhino .

Any suggestions ?

Thanks ,

Parris
Parris

Re: Transmitter won't bind to an old build .
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 05:22:45 am »
Won't bind is from Tx to Rx and doesn't have anything to do with LibrePilot.

Won't connect USB to FC is a LibrePilot thing though.

If you installed a later LP on your computer, then the computer won't talk to the FC until you update the FC firmware.  If you don't upgrade the firmware you should still be able to fly it if you don't need the GCS.

Parris

Re: Transmitter won't bind to an old build .
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 04:31:56 pm »

I knew there wasn't anything wrong with the GCS or the update to Rhino .

The problem was all my fault . I discovered what I had done wrong soon after posting the question . Just didn't have the time to get back on here to reply .

When I had reloaded the batteries in the transmitter I had by accident set my transmitter to trainer .
Parris