Spiren

Drone will NOT Arm - Need some Help
« on: February 28, 2017, 05:30:12 am »
Hello,
I am new to the drone building hobby, I have had experience building R/C cars and Planes in the past (16 year in the past) so I thought I would give drone building a try. I have learned a lot so far, but not enough to get my FPV drone off the ground.

The Problem
I have completed the Libre Setup Wizard for both Drone and Transmitter with success. It looks to pass the flight check in the software. transmitter looks to work perfectly. However when I disconnect and try to arm the drone... it does nothing. When I relink the FC back up it doesn't recognize my transmitter until I complete the whole setup process again. After I complete it...again :( It appears to all work, only in the software.However,  as soon as I disconnect the cycle repeats itself.

What am I doing wrong? can anyone help me?

Drone components
- Sky-Hero Anakin Drone Frame Kit
- KINGKONG Force 200 4 x 2204-2300kv w/5x4 Propellers (CW & CCW)
• KINGKONG 2204-2300KV Motors (CW and CCW)
• KINGKONG 12A 2-4S OPTO BLHeli ESC’s
• KINGKONG 5V-3A UBEC
• Mini CC3D Flight Controller
• 5040 Propellers (CW and CCW)

- Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter w/ Module & 8ch Receiver (Mode 2) (v2 Firmware)
- Turnigy nano-tech 2200mah 3S 35~70C Lipo Pack

Thanks
-Chad

Mateusz

Re: Drone will NOT Arm - Need some Help
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 07:42:41 am »
How do you know it doesn't recognize ? Maybe you don't set arming sequence?  If it works only when USB is plugged, how do you power your flight controller and receiver?

Spiren

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 03:02:04 am »
I think I found the issue... Its the flight mode switch setup. Can anyone help me set this up? I have attached some screen shots.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 07:21:19 am »
You can see a INPUT alarm (red), the tooltip show you some possible problems like invalid input channel.

For some reason the Flightmode input is set to PPM instead of PWM.
You should fix the input type manually to PWM, see if fixes the alarm or redo the Tx wizard.

Spiren

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 03:18:26 am »
I did make the change from ppm to pwm, that gave me a different warning. Please see screen shot.

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 04:08:17 am »
PWM requires a cable from Rx to FC for each channel, so you would have probably 5 or more connectors plugged into your Rx (from the FC).

PPM uses a single cable from Rx to FC and all the signals are put on the single cable.

You choose whether to use PWM or PPM depending on these wires you have hooked up.

Spiren

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 04:52:39 am »
PWM requires a cable from Rx to FC for each channel, so you would have probably 5 or more connectors plugged into your Rx (from the FC).

PPM uses a single cable from Rx to FC and all the signals are put on the single cable.

You choose whether to use PWM or PPM depending on these wires you have hooked up.

Yes that's correct,  It explains this on the wizard setup screen. What I can't figure out is how to setup the flight mode switch in the configuration panel. I have 3 positions on the remote. I think the error or warning is referring to that input. Does anyone know if a GPS is required for additional flight modes? Can anyone take a screen shot of there flight mode configuration screen so I can compare? thanks for the help.

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 07:06:33 am »
It looks like the standard 9X receiver will only do PWM, so you need a cable from Rx to FC for each channel and you must use PWM.  I assume you have 5 connectors from the FC plugged in the Rx.

Given that, have you configured your Tx to use the switch?  I think that by default the Tx only has channels 1-4 configured.  Plug a servo into the Rx channel 5 and you will see that it doesn't work, so you need to get that working first.  :)

Google
configure turnigy 9x switch
for many examples of setting up the transmitter to actually send the switch as channel 5.

Mateusz

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 07:45:40 am »
My old radio is Turnigy 9X and yes it is a big big and uses only PWM on that receiver.

Does anyone know if a GPS is required for additional flight modes?

It must be somewhere on wiki https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Advanced+features
CC3D does not support advanced flight modes, only Revolution, Sparky2, Nano Revo does.

But in short, state estimation with Complementary (Basic) uses just Gyro and Accel. Advanced features need all sensors with no exceptions calibrated and functional as well as INS13 instead of Complementary. But you need to get your copter first flying well in Complementary to think of switching to INS13 for navigation, as adding more complexity won't fix issues if you have any.

As to the receiver  Turnigy 9X it would take multiple inputs on receiver port on normal Revo, I haven't seen or dont know "mini cc3d"... sounds like some chinese derivative and very likely it can run LibrePilot as it has CC3D in name. There is a list of the officially supported hardware https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Supported+Hardware
Anything else may run if it has similar hardware.