maksy

Problem with arming
« on: February 28, 2017, 08:36:34 pm »
Hi, I could finished successfully all the configuration of the drone and the Tx. I choose the option to arm the drone by moving the YAW to left. The problem is that the drone never gets in arm mode when I use it normally(with the battery connected without the usb), I connect the battery, all the ESC bips, but the cc3d don't turn on any light and there is no response of it. Is there any extra step to do???? I already check all the connections and are fine.
The cc3d gets it power fron the ESC's right??

Re: Problem with arming
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 11:04:51 pm »
hi.Yes the cc3d gets power from the esc.If the cc3d turns on with the usb then it could be that the esc wires to the cc3d are backwards .The orange wire should on the bottom pins of the cc3d
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 11:12:29 pm by OrionBrockway »

maksy

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 11:43:25 pm »
I have the esc correctly connected. So that's not the problem. When YOu connect the battery what lights should turn on, on the cc3d?? Because it doesn't turn any light and the Rx also doesn't turn it light, so there is no power. Any ideas?? Maybe some setup on the librepilot??

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 12:02:25 am »
Can you measure the voltage coming from the Esc and check if around 5V ?
When the battery is connected, lights should be the same as what you see when the board is connected using USB port except the receiver also powered.

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 03:08:48 am »
Make sure at least one of the ESCs has all 3 wires connected. The one with 3 wires may need to be on the first connector (I forget if the cc3d is like that or not).

The power goes battery > ESCs at the 12ish volts.  Then the BEC circuit from one ESC sends 5v to the cc3d. The cc3d then sends 5v to the reciever as well.

If we follow the power, we can tell your issue is between the ESC and cc3d. Missing BEC circuit connections, backwards connections, etc. are all good places to start looking

maksy

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 02:32:44 am »
I checked the voltage coming from the four esc's and all gave me the same value, 0V!!! So I think I have a big problem here. I checked the specification of the esc and it says that it doesn't have BEC, this is in charge of giving me the 5V, right?? But I think I hace a solution, in my power distribution board I have and extra 5V out, where I can weld a cable which I can connect to the cc3d in one of the connectors for the esc, and then connect normally my four esc(only the signal cable). You think this will work???

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 03:13:14 am »
You have it figured out correctly and that is how you could fix it.  Good luck.  :)

maksy

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 11:16:58 pm »
It worked!!! Now I can fly the drone!! Thanks for the help guys!