TiltRotor Quad Newbie...Halp!
« on: February 28, 2017, 05:30:12 am »
Oh man...for 2 whole days I've struggled with the set up of this Vector Quad. The manufacturer recommends Cleanflight, but for one, I have an Evo board, & two, I've grown somewhat attached to Libre. I'd really like to make this work. By chance, does anyone have a template for a tilt rotor? That would be amazing.
My biggest issue is I'm currently stuck with a Dx6i. This thing is a nightmare when it comes to mixing and such. Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I'm seriously stuck here. I need to assign the elevator to gear, or aux, and make the elev stick output 0...or maybe having a bit of pitch mixed in for more speed...
basically though, The elev stick will control the tilt servo. But I also need to be able to switch back to regular quad mode, locking the arms back in an upright position.
Please, please, please...if someone here can help me figure this out, I will be forever grateful & in your debt!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: TiltRotor Quad Newbie...Halp!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 02:46:10 pm »
Hi,

There is no support for this type of quad in LP.
From FC - point of view you may be able to define a custom mixer using the tilt servo but you cannot switch between "normal mode" and "tilt mode" in flight.

Solution can be use your RC radio for that and configure a normal Quadcopter in flight controller.
1 - Normal behavior, the elevator / tilt is send as usual.
2 - Pitch stick is not sent to the flight controller as above, but used to move a additional accessory input mapped to one output for servo.

I don't know if your radio can do that : custom mixing and different flight phases.

Moved topic to the Multirotor section

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 07:29:57 pm »
Hi

First, let me apologize for posting in the wrong area...I didn't even introduce myself in the "Introduce yourself" section! Second; thank you for responding so quickly. I think I got it figured out, and the solution is pretty close to what you're saying. Most of my issue is in the mixing in my controller. I believe I'm going to put this project on the back burner for the moment, until I can get a better radio system.
Thanks again! Have a fabulous day!
                                                   Paul

karla

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 06:00:44 am »
I know this is an old thread,
but maybe have a look at this thread for another solution not using the Mixing in the TX...
https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=2793.msg22508#msg22508