First quadcopter.Need help
« on: February 26, 2017, 06:41:12 pm »
Hi guys,I need some help.This is my first quadcopter build and i need some help.I have a zmr250 with brushless 1804-2400KV motors with simonK 12a Esc,A CC3D ATOM MINI,A 3s 1300mAh turnigy nanotech battery,A FS-CT6B transmitter with a FS-R6B receiver.
But when setting it up i plug it in and will start to calibrate the Esc and my front left motor and my right rear will just make a whining noise and not spin they sometimes very slowly kind of shake back and forth while the other motors spin fine.Also when setting my transmitter up my movements wont show up and when its all done ill lay the quad flat and plug it in and it wont arm or do anything.     And yes ive reset the CC3D And upgraded it

ernstock

Re: First quadcopter.Need help
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 08:47:36 pm »
Hi
From your description , I would guess that the two motors that stutter have bad wiring.
;
one of the three motor wires is not connected
;
Bolts holding motors to frame are too long ( even if same length as on good motors)
:motor wire is shorting to frame.
If your escs are connected to the servo ports of the cc3d can you swap bad to good to establish where the fault is ?

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 11:14:15 pm »
Hi,thank you very much for replying. i tested out what you said about the bad wiring and on the motors that didnt work i had criss crossed the wires for the motors and  when i undid that they work just fine.They all seem to be working now with no problem at all.2 spinning clockwise and 2 counter clockwise .

What do you think i should do about my transmitter not showing up on the screen.I personally think it might not be bound to the reciever, But i do not know how to bind it and the guy at the hobby shop wasnt to helpful either.He said to just plug everything in and to bind it with its binding cable,however there is no room for the cable when everything is connected.I put the pics of them in the attachments

ernstock

First quadcopter.Need help
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 08:44:34 pm »
Hey well done on sorting motors !
So , can't quite see on pic , but does the rx (receiver) get power ?
(Is there a red and black wire next to the white wire ? Does the rx have a light / flashing light on ? )
Presuming yes , then you need to find out (YouTube) how to bind rx and tx(transmitter). More than likely that bind plug needs to be in the batt slot. It will go in - poss you will have to remove plug next to it. Shouldn't matter if that is in or out for binding.
Never used fs gear is that flsky or frsky ?
Ps I'm sure you do ,but always worth mentioning its props off for testing.
Pps also be good if your other similar post in the introduce section could be merged with this one ?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 08:47:45 pm by ernstock »

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 11:13:34 pm »
Hi.Yes there is a red and black wire next to the white wire and it gets power.When there is power to it the light stays a solid red.
 also will check on youtube for a vid on how to bind.Thank you very much for the help