Re: OpLink trouble
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2016, 06:30:22 am »
Are these settings ok?

Receivergroup = none
Activechannel = 255

Telemetry is fine but no stick calibration...

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2016, 07:15:38 am »
How is connected Oplink to radio ? Pictures ?

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2016, 07:17:19 am »
im little a shamed :D ppm signal vas in wrong pin... now it works like a dream.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2016, 07:20:53 am »
Ah.... Good :)

balbs

« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2016, 06:41:57 pm »
Hello,

I'm trying to configure an Oplink mini for the ground station. I managed to "Upgrade and Erase" (at least I hope I did), however, when I click on the OPLink tab at the left, I get a 0 value for the Device ID. I can see a Firmware Ver. and Serial Number, but 0 for Device ID. Am I doing something wrong or missing something?

Thanks!

hwh

« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2016, 06:48:58 pm »
It won't show a device ID after erase until you configure it.  Put on an antenna, set it to a low power, check coordinator, and save.  Give it a minute, unplug it, plug it back in, and the device id should be there.

balbs

« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2016, 06:57:41 pm »
It won't show a device ID after erase until you configure it.  Put on an antenna, set it to a low power, check coordinator, and save.  Give it a minute, unplug it, plug it back in, and the device id should be there.

WOW! I was about to try what you just said so I launched Librepilot, plugged the OPLink mini in, clicked on the OPLink icon, and lo and behold, the Device ID is there! LOL! Thanks!

12many

« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2016, 11:06:33 pm »

Now you can configure your OPlink modem
  • In GCS go to Firmware section and press upgrade & erase
  • Now plug USB connection with OPlink modem, given that Revo is not connected and not powered at this moment.
  • GCS should flash your OPlink modem and reboot the board.
  • Antenna must be connected before doing this. If it is, go to Oplink section, past device ID of the coordinator you want to connect to and set power same power as on Revo, Save.

Thanks for posting this OPlink setup help, @Mateusz!

Unfortunately I'm having a problem. Following your instructions I get to the point where GCS flashes & reboots the OPlink transmitter (step 3), but it appears the OPlink doesn't boot up properly.  After OPlink reboots GCS recognizes and connects to the 'USB: OPLinkMini' device , but I never see the GCS OPlink page in the configuration section.  GCS connection status displays one TX green bar and OPlink transmitter shows only the green 'power' LED lit.  That one TX bar connection status in GCS goes out after a few minutes but GCS still shows 'connected'.

This OPlink transmitter is HW rev 1 (from OP kickstart) and was previously flashed with OP firmware.  Rescue mode (green solid & Blue strobing LED on OPlink) shows the OPlink reports bootloader version 4.  I manually re-flashed the BL to version 4 but it had no effect.  This was working hardware (as of a few months ago) and I've never powered it up without an antenna.

If Mateuz or anyone has any suggestions I'd be grateful to hear them!

--Dave

PS - It's great to see LibrePilot getting active!  I'm looking forward to contributing as I can in the near future.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2016, 11:51:55 pm »
Your issue seems similar to the one described in this page:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Troubleshooting

Detected but not really connected and only one tx bar.
Be sure you uninstall the driver from the USB Composite Device that appears while device is connected

12many

« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2016, 01:24:53 am »
Your issue seems similar to the one described in this page:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Troubleshooting

Detected but not really connected and only one tx bar.
Be sure you uninstall the driver from the USB Composite Device that appears while device is connected

Fantastic, deleting the USB device worked.  Thank you so much!

Does LibrePilot have a PayPal or a way I can make financial contributions?  You can PM me if donations is spamming the thread.

« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2016, 05:37:30 pm »
I have bought at least 4 sets of revo FC /oplink ground combo kits. two won't link at all, the others link and I get about 60db on the graph, but no matter what I do I can't get over a 2 to 3 foot range and it drops out. I have reinstalled USB drivers, interchanged boards. Have I gotten that many crappy boards or am I still missing something.

hwh

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2016, 06:40:13 pm »
There's a pretty good chance you got bad ones.   :(

Of the seven oplinks I have two were so far off frequency they wouldn't talk to anything else.  Another two had a short circuit in an internal pcb layer on the antenna connector.  Those two had a very short range like you're describing.

Four of seven were too bad to use until I repaired them.

I fixed the first two by replacing the RFM22b modules, one of the shorted ones I destroyed troubleshooting and the other I fixed by removing the antenna connector, drilling out the through hole plating, and soldering an antenna directly to the top layer of the board.

« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2016, 08:11:35 pm »
did you find the problem being more on the ground unit or on the revo board?

hwh

« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2016, 08:28:34 pm »
My problems were all on the oplink end but I only have one revo so it's hard to draw any conclusion.  Most of the time I was running oplink to oplink tests or measuring the frequency on a spectrum analyzer.

Other than the two oplinks that were way off frequency (about 100 kHz) the other's frequencies were close enough to link and work after the antenna connector short was removed.

The antenna short is easy to check if you have a meter.  The oplink's center antenna connector pin to the outside shell should read open.  If it reads shorted or any resistance value it's a bad board.  Someone else who had a low power one read 6 ohms instead of a complete short.  Anything other than open (infinite resistance) is bad.

« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2016, 09:00:55 pm »
2 out of 3 shorted 3rd open but won't link. will try your trick on the shorted one's and see what happens. thanks for the help