Crazy thing this CC3D board with "Open Pilot"...it's driving me crazy..!!!(pic of what I have included.) I'm attempting my first quad build.... I plug in board to usb, try to plug into computer, get error msg, "USB malfunction,......" 1 red light is on CC3D board and I can't seem to even get connected to the board....? Could I be missing the "bootloader" on the board? I have librepilot on my computer. I have read many posts here in the forum and I read where I may need to download files to the board with a FTDI / USB thing? I have one ordered, $3 USD,  red in color with pins and a usb connection.....(Yes, sorry, I am kinda new to this tech stuff....:)  Thanks to any who reply! Help is greatly appreciated and I will pay it forward to someone else for good karma!
~~~~~(:)> snakemanracing
Brian.

Does it ever get more than the one red LED on solid?

I assume you are using Windows OS.  Usually a USB error message is a (Windows) driver problem.

Did you install LibrePilot 16.09 on this computer?  It should install the correct windows drivers.

Also, USB cables are often a problem.  You could try a different cable or a different computer.

One red LED on constantly when board is plugged in.  I will try a different USB cable, the one I used was off my Garmin GPS unit, and I will try to find a specific "data cable" that I read somewhere to use.....? Also, I am running windows 10, which I don't care for so far. I installed the librepilot v 16.09 as well. Thanks for the replies!
Brian.

If you still can't even make a USB connection, make sure you're not j u st using a charge-only cable.  (Learned that the hard way....)