neons

Just before takeoff above idle the yaw wobbles like seeking.
« on: February 18, 2017, 11:37:26 pm »
I finally flew my new 450 Tricopter. It flew almost stable. The yaw went left and right like it had play in the servo. I changed the servo to a new metal gear and it helped some as the spline gear had some slop. Then I tried my flight again and the seeking yaw was half as bad. Holding a hover it started to seek more and made the Tri want to go into a wobbling uncontrolled phase. Itried dual rates but it seems not to help the yaw much.

I landed and just brought the rpm up to where it was almost lift off. The yaw seeked about 1 degree left and right continually and almost created a wobble on the ground. My question is. Do I need to cut down the setting in the setup program a bit more on the yaw?I used the existing setting that was already in the CC3D program setup. If it wasn't for all that seeking I would have had a good smooth flight. Where should I start with your recommendations.
Thank You guys.
 Bob

Re: Just before takeoff above idle the yaw wobbles like seeking.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 05:52:19 am »
Sounds like you need to reduce the yaw PID.  First try would be to decrease all three by multiplying them by a number less than 1 like 0.75

Or.  Start with yaw set to AxisLock.  A simple ZN like tune would be to set (yaw) I and D to zero, find the P that just starts to oscillate, cut that in half for P and leave P set that way.  Then start adding I to get it to hold a heading but not oscillate.

neons

Re: Just before takeoff above idle the yaw wobbles like seeking.
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 04:25:37 pm »
Other Cliff,
Thank you. That is a great answer. I am going to work on it.
Bob