hamilc

Open Pilot vs Libre Pilot
« on: February 14, 2017, 08:19:47 pm »
About a year ago I bought a cc3d, built a quad and installed Open Pilot GCS. Now I see that Libre Pilot has taken over. My question is. Should I install the LibrePilot GCS rather than the old OpenPilot GCS. Is the Libre Pilot better or upgraded? Also, should I upgrade the software in my CC3D, if that is possible. What is the best approach here. Thanks

Re: Open Pilot vs Libre Pilot
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 08:27:34 pm »
I would look at some new features to decide that.  If it flies well as it is and there is nothing you want to add to that one, leave it as it is.  I would also say that you should use LP when you build something new and fancy.

hamilc

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 08:48:05 pm »
First, what is LP? Once I get my CC3D going again, I want to install a Revo and I hope to add the GPS to the mix. Does the GCS work with the GPS and if not, how do I make my newer copter follow a prescribed path using the GPS. Is this a part of the GCS?

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 01:19:13 am »
LibrePilot.  :)

Waypoint flight can be set up with the GCS by clicking points on a map.  Then you go in and tell it how high at each point and how fast to fly between pairs of points.

Look at the OpMap (Google Map).  Click somewhere interesting then right click and you will see a lot of options to explore about this.  :)

hamilc

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 01:47:55 am »
Will do. Thanks.