Brand New and Needing Some Assistance
« on: February 13, 2017, 12:53:20 am »
Good day everyone,

This is my first quad setup, and am also brand new to RC. I've spent a tremendous amount of time, and have made little progress. I bought:

Rise RXS255, which has a CCD3 flight controller and OneShot ECMs. The rest of the parts in the build are here: http://www.explore-rise.com/drones/rise0255/index.php?section=parts#product-menu. This is a bind-and-fly model.

I purchased a Aurora 9 transmitter that came with an Optima 7 receiver. I was able to link these two, though they give a persistant low battery alarm.

My problem is that I cannot get the controller to communicate with the quad.

I'm going in circles and am not sure how to begin. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
James

Re: Brand New and Needing Some Assistance
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 01:04:59 am »
Did this quad come pre assembled?

Did it come with another transmitter/reciever pair originally?

Did you replace the original reciever in the quad build with the one listed above and then bind it?

Have you done anything in Libra pilot with the quad yet?

I know, lots of questions, but I'm imagining that you got the quad, changed the reciever and transmitter, but never used Libra pilot to update the cc3d settings.

Also, I wonder if one of your many batteries are dead in the transmitter. I had that issue once where one of the 100 batteries in it was dead and the transmitter didn't like it (OK... It only need 8, but you get the idea :) )

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 01:14:17 am »
Here are some additonal details:

RC Input: Critical

One or more of the R/c input channels not set...
etc.

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 04:00:45 am »
Have you used the input setup wizard (i may be calling it by the wing name) since changing to the new transmitter/reciever?

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 07:57:34 pm »
First realize that not all receivers work with all transmitters.  Chances are way less than 50/50.  Make sure the receiver in the quad can work with your transmitter, or switch it out for the one you know works.

Second, run the main wizard on the startup page and understand and follow all the steps and instructions.  If you don't understand what it is asking or why, Google it while running the wizard.  ;)  There is some stuff to learn.