Mini Revolution not stabilizer
« on: March 13, 2017, 12:07:16 am »
I have a drone multirotor qav250 with a Revolution Mini. In basic mode it is very stable, but when I put it in Gps navigation it gets unstable. See the video:

The status of the magnetrometer is red, indicating:
- Possible interference of the magnetrometer (I already placed the controller in several positions)
- No calibration of the magnetometer. (Calibrated several times)

But then it oscillates between orange and green and I can arm the drone, but it has no flight stability.

What can it be?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 12:29:21 am by bebetomartins »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Mini Revolution not stabilizer
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 12:34:38 am »
Hi,

You are using the 15.09 release so i assume you don't use a external Mag.
The small oscillation in PFD is not really bad but i doubt you still have the green mag alarm while motors are running with strong current / magnetic fields around.

The only way for GPS functions / Magnetometer with a 250 sized quad is use a external magnetometer (I2C mag or Naza GPS) and the latest release 16.09
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/GPS+setup#GPSsetup-NazaGPS

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 02:40:52 pm »
Yeah. I think about this for some time.
You're right, reinforcing my suspicion. The Mini revolution came with an OP GPS, but I do not think it has a magnetometer. I'll search on. Do you suggest GPS + I2S?

Mateusz

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 03:42:31 pm »
I would suggest DJI Naze GPS, as it uses just one cable. I2C does not like long wires and can be noisy, while DJI Naza combines mag data into GPS messages, so you dont have such problems. Also it takes only one port on Revo instead of two.