anthropo

Revo sometimes arms, sometimes doesn't
« on: February 22, 2017, 06:58:31 pm »
Hello,

I have a problem with my revo board, naza gps that sometimes arms and others doesn't. Many times i go to fly and can't because i can't arm. I thought it was mag, but now it is well configured and nearly under 5%

Note : I never see the blue and orange blink alternately and rapidly even when it arms. In fact i don't know when it arms

I read (https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=3087.msg21522#msg21522) that i can disable Attitude -> Settings -> WaitUntilTheBoardIsSteady
But what is the risk i take then if i try ?
And i don't understand the "If that fixes it you can increase System -> Settings -> AttitudeSettings -> BoardSteadyMaxVariance try 7 or 10."

Thank you
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 11:19:44 pm by anthropo »

Re: Revo sometimes arms, sometimes doesn't
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 07:52:37 am »
"Sometimes doesn't arm" that's usually mag if you waited long enough for the GPS to be green.  I find that if it is sitting on the ground, the mag is less likely to be green.  INS13 only inits (init is required for arming like gyro init with Basic is required for arming) when both GPS and mag are green at the same time, after that they can go back to orange but INS13 stays inited so you can arm.  If the mag is the issue, then picking it up and doing a 360 pirouette with your body will usually let it go green long enough to init.

INS13 doesn't do the fast blink when it inits, but there is a change in the status LEDs when it inits.  Watching the orange and blue FC LEDs blink you will see a slow orange, blink slow blue blink, repeat if there is an issue.  After the 360 you may see that it is now slow blue, quick orange, repeat, and that it can be armed.

The easiest way to troubleshoot is with telemetry and a GCS laptop.  Look at System Health.

WaitUntilTheBoardIsSteady and BoardSteadyMaxVariance are for Basic (not INS13) because only Basic calibrates the gyros.  You are using INS13, correct?

anthropo

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 09:29:00 am »
Thank you.

Do i need to arm (right roll low throttle in my case) while doing the 360 pirouette ?

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 09:36:53 am »
No.  You just need to get INS13 to init, then you can arm later.

So slow blue, slow orange means there is a problem, maybe wait for GPS, maybe pirouette for mag.  Slow blue, quick blip orange means ready to arm.  Something else when it arms I recall, you can watch it when it is ready to arm and you arm it to see that it is now armed.

FYI, the human pirouette will also fix a diverged INS13 EKF, so it is doubly good.  :)  That can happen if you let it sit for a long time (minutes), perfectly still, with INS13 already inited and ready to arm.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 09:46:22 am by TheOtherCliff »