soend

minOPOSD issues with hight TVL camera
« on: March 06, 2016, 12:59:15 pm »
I have strange problem with the micro minimosd board i use. I flashed it with the latest hex: LP_MicroKvteam_CC3D_analog_inputs2810.hex and that all works with my revo nano. But the issue im having is
1) when i record the video with my fatshark dominator v3 the osd overlay is not on the video, instead in kinda flickers in for couple of seconds here and there.

2) on the goggles screen i see the osd overlay just fine, only thing i can notice is that its is oscillating(flickering very fast)

I had one full sized kv team minimosd board and i tested with that, in point 1 described problem was not there, overlay was on the recoding. Also the text was crisp and solid, not like with micro minimosd.

Has anyone else had problems like that with micro minimosd, can it be firmware issue?

EDIT: I have video signal and ground both wired to go through micro minimosd board.

EDIT2: If i unblug camera then the picture goes black as you would expect and the osd layout text stops flickering(oscillating) like in point 2. Also the goggles dvr records the osd layout just fine then also. So it looks like the minimosd can handle the video coming in from camera? Something wrong in firmware?

EDIT3: I added wiring diagram as attacment.

EDIT4: This is how the osd overlay looks like when no camera connected to the micro minimosd, the layout text is solid and there is no flickering.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 03:29:47 pm by soend »

Re: minOPOSD with micro minimosd board
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 04:27:06 pm »
That Cam needs to be grounded in the entry point where ground comes in from the LC filter

soend

Re: minOPOSD with micro minimosd board
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 04:45:10 pm »
That Cam needs to be grounded in the entry point where ground comes in from the LC filter

I treid that and it didnt have any effect.

I tested this setup with spare 600tvl camera and everything works perfectly, wiring is all same as before. Original camera what im trying and have the issue is 700tvl HS1180 (http://www.surveilzone.com/dc5v-plastic-case-sony-super-had-ccd-700tvl-mini-camera-2525mm-2.8mm-lens-hs1180) camera.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 04:55:33 pm by soend »

soend

minOPOSD issues with hight TVL camera
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 05:27:51 pm »
Is anybody using micro minimosd with higher TVL camera than 600? I tried to get it working with 700TVL camera, it kinda works but its not perfect (read about it here: https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=1009.0). I found this online https://github.com/jihlein/minimosd-extra and the issue is exactly what i have and i have the 700TVL camera with Nextchip 2090. Im trying to compile my own version just to test couple of things but im having trouble, in repository i cant find some libraries what are needed (https://bitbucket.org/f5soh/minoposd). Where could i get them?

Also what Arduino version i should use to compile it?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 05:35:12 pm by soend »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: minOPOSD issues with hight TVL camera
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 05:49:41 pm »
Original doc for compiling is here:
https://code.google.com/archive/p/minoposd/wikis/Compiling.wiki
you should use arduino version 1.0.4 or 1.0.5

There is issues with some high tvl cameras, not sure is related to software but maybe Max video chip <> cam issue

soend

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 06:31:15 pm »
Ok, i will be receiving some more cameras this and next week and will be testing them with my micro minimosd.

JessD

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 08:01:37 pm »
Hi,

I have same problem with TLV700 cameras. After test with severals TLV600-700 cameras with same result, i think that is a compatibility problem with Max Chip who said f5soh.

soend

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 02:15:08 pm »
Yes, i finally received another 600tvl camera and one 1200tvl camera. I see no problems with the 600 camrea but same flickering happens with 1200tvl one. Si the issue must be related to the max chip. Anybody know any other good small OSD -s what work with librepilot? :D

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2016, 06:14:50 pm »
So what is the popular camera to go with? I do like the osd now that I got voltage, rssi gps etc going to it. I killed my 600tvl cam and got a 700, which flickers badly,

Anyone like a particular 600tvl cam over others?

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2016, 08:53:23 am »
minimosd has issues with cameras more then 600 tvl. i found this out while looking if runcam eagle was compatible and apperently not https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2152696.

The goto camera seems to be pz0420m for osd

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2017, 11:17:59 pm »
I have read this thread - and  tested a 600 TVL fatshark - a cheap 700 TVL no name - i separated a eachine (EF-01)  800 TVL from VTX - and with a 1000 TVL Sony Cam

My Result :

NO PROBLEMS with a micro minomosd

mr_w

• LibrePilot
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2017, 11:23:06 am »
The problem is with MAX7456 chip used on (micro)minimosd, as it simply does not support more than 600TVL reliably.

There is another (not genuine Maxim Integrated) chip - AT7456 that does work with higher resolution TV cameras. It is possible that some minimosds have that one instead, as they are fully compatible.

@ArtusMuc - can you maybe check your minimosd to see if you have AT or MAX chip?

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2017, 12:41:11 pm »
TVL was originally just a measure of the horizontal resolution of an analog display.

Then came AHD (analog high def) 960H which is actually a slightly different (but generally compatible) signal definition that packs more pixels horizontally (960 vs. the old 720/704 standard).

A lot of sellers (at least on eBay) use 700TVL or higher as a way of saying that a video camera produces an AHD / 960H signal.

If you want regular NTSC / PAL you should stick to 600TVL cameras.  I believe that buying a 700TVL camera on eBay is a crap shoot between NTSC / PAL and AHD / 960H, but claims of 800TVL and higher are generally AHD / 960H.

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2017, 09:13:58 pm »
On both micro minimosd is the MAX7456 chip.

Yes - all right- theohtercliff :) the on this market you never can trust such kind of technical data. I am not able to test how many lines the Cam is sending.