Revo, MinimOSD, LpGCS,
« on: May 06, 2017, 12:27:03 pm »
Hi all,

Need a little help.

I am using the Revo on a small QMR250. When I first configured it, it went well and I managed to get the craft airborne, albeit without any GPS assist mode.

Then I got myself an MinimOSD. I could get the telemetry data from the FC to the OSD, and i can see it being transmitted.

But now, when ever I hook the LpGCS to the revo and I power the revo with a battery, I cannot get back to the configuration mode. LpGCS seems to be stuck on telemetry mode.

As you can see from the screen captures, the ports are configured as follows,

Main Port - >  s.bus
Flexi Port -> GPS
Receiver Port -> Telemetry

Any ideas that may be helpful ?

Thanks

Re: Revo, MinimOSD, LpGCS,
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 05:10:18 pm »
There are others here that know more about this than I do, but for a test, I would try booting with USB and connecting Lipo after boot.  Sometimes "adding or removing a battery" like this will cause a reboot itself, so you may have to try again.

For a test to see if it is caused by addition of OSD, I would set Receiver Port to Disabled and Save.  Then test booting with Lipo and with USB to see if it works.  Set Receiver Port back when done with the test.

Re: Revo, MinimOSD, LpGCS,
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 06:20:45 pm »
There are others here that know more about this than I do, but for a test, I would try booting with USB and connecting Lipo after boot.  Sometimes "adding or removing a battery" like this will cause a reboot itself, so you may have to try again.

For a test to see if it is caused by addition of OSD, I would set Receiver Port to Disabled and Save.  Then test booting with Lipo and with USB to see if it works.  Set Receiver Port back when done with the test.

@TheOtherCliff I am convinced now that when i turned the "Receiver" Port on "Telemetry" this problem occurs. The problem disappears once i turned it off again. 

This is odd.