Motors don't move in motor direction setup
« on: May 03, 2017, 08:12:14 pm »
My motors don't move at all in the motor direction setup in the wizard. Even on full power. I have a lipo plugged in. Also, a tiny movement on the sticks and it goes straight to  full throttle. Help!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 09:08:18 pm by eboehmer »

Re: Motors don't move in motor direction setup
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 09:19:17 pm »
Are you saying that the picture of the sticks in GCS setup don't move?  There may be two reasons for that.  One is that the picture doesn't move like it should if you skipped over the flight mode switch setup (like because you don't have one).  The solution for that is to assume that the picture is moving like it should and follow the directions about moving the sticks etc. to maximum extent in all directions.  If you don't move the sticks to maximums, you get a throttle stick that is basically zero or full.

I forget the other reason.  @f5soh should be along and possibly give some advice.  :)

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 07:12:18 pm »
Nope, the sticks definately move. The problem is that in the motor direction setup in the wizard, the motors don't move, even when fully up on the slider.

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 07:26:51 pm »
I also forgot to say, one of my motors(has a replaced ESC) lags behind the others in how much power it takes to start, it only starts at quarter throttle. I feel like it may be something to do with the ESC calibration procedure however I never get all the 'beeping' that others do.

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 07:59:26 pm »
Your oddball ESC starting at a different time is definitely an ESC calibration issue.

Your first problem may be too.

I would start with an ESC calibration.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/ESC+Calibration

Note that the ESC calibration is stored in the ESC itself and may make the motors spin in the direction setup where they did not spin before.  The motor neutral is part of the FC setup and gets overwritten when you do motor neutral in setup.

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 08:38:57 pm »
I'm not getting any confermation beeps, why is this?

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 09:37:00 pm »
Maybe you have the ESC servo connector plugged in backwards?

Maybe you forgot to click the "test outputs" part of the esc cal procedure?

Do you ever get any control of the motors coming from the FC?

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 09:49:04 pm »
I clicked test outputs and I have had control of the motors. Any chance that dodgy soldering is to blame?

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2017, 09:54:21 pm »
Perhaps bad soldering between battery and ESC.  To affect all ESCs it would have to be between battery and PDB.

Maybe measure the voltage across the two heavy wires as it goes into an ESC.

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2017, 09:58:14 pm »
I'll try

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2017, 10:31:02 pm »
nothing abnormal...

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2017, 10:38:34 pm »
How do you get the ESCs to do anything at all?  Can you connect them directly to a PWM receiver output for a test or do you have a servo tester?

What signal protocol do the ESCs need and did you tell the wizard the correct ESC protocol?  You can't just choose OneShot etc. unless the ESC supports it.  I would suggest PWMSync or PWM@490Hz