andre.g

tricopter
« on: February 06, 2017, 03:09:44 pm »
Hi everyone!
My tricopter's center of mass is very advanced so It can not cabrate very quickly. I want to setup the esc of tail motor with blheli to spin the motor in both direction so that when I want the aircraft to cabrate very quickly the motor rotates in the opposite direction.
My question is: will the fc understand that the prop is pushing instead of tracting and reverse the direction of tail servo or the tricopter will crash?
Thank you

Re: tricopter
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 03:43:24 pm »
For yaw (rudder), the tricopter only knows how to change tail servo, not change prop spinning direction of tail motor.

andre.g

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 05:11:19 pm »
Thank you for the answer,but maybe my question was unclear: I want to reverse the spinning of motor to improve pitch, but reversing the thrust both the horizontal and vertical forces will be reversed, so the flight controller should balance the unwanted yaw movement moving the servo on the other side.
Sorry for my english and thank you again

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 05:35:05 pm »
If you only want the tail motor to always run in the reversed direction, then yes, that is easily done.

Generally you would use CW (clockwise) prop and CW motor direction with motor tilted one way or CCW (counter clockwise) prop and CCW motor direction with motor tilted the other way.