smithy

Revo config settings?
« on: November 19, 2015, 12:29:39 am »
Hi Gents,
I'm an old refugee from the OP forum. I have one of the original Revo's with V8 GPS setup in a 330 quad, it flies well and is nice and stable etc...my issue is what to set the config "flight mode" to. I have a 3pos switch and it works fine with the latest LP GCS etc..I'd like pos 1 set to normal attitude, pos 2 set to "position hold" or "velocity roam" and finally pos 3 set to "return to base".

I am getting plenty of sats so there's no problem with the GPS. When I select anything other than attitude I get a config error on the "flight data" page telling me I've made an error... which obviously wont then let me arm the machine. I'm obviously doing something wrong with my setup so I'm after a little advice as to what I should be setting each line to for my 3 pos switch ....or if I've made some other silly mistake.

If someone could drop a screenshot of the correct setup I'd greatly appreciate it.

If I've posted in the wrong place, please let me know and I'll get it sorted.

Cheers and thanks for your time,
Smithy.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 12:33:00 am by smithy »

jhan1

Re: Revo config settings?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 12:49:11 am »
Hi smithy,  Have you set the Attitude settings tab to INS13?

smithy

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 01:13:26 am »
Hi Jhan1,
Thanks for the reply....
No I haven't, I did try it once but it seems to send the artificial horizon into a spin when I do. Do I need to do the sensor calibrations again after I change it into INS13..?

Cheers,
Smithy.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 01:28:56 am by smithy »

jhan1

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 02:43:58 am »
I would reboot after changing to INS13 and if your horizon is still spinning do the calibrations again.  Are your system health alarms all in the green including mags?

smithy

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 02:56:38 am »
Yes, my health alarms were in the green but it wasn't set to INS13, I'll do as you suggest when I get a chance.

Thanks for the help.

Smithy.