Drone not remembering transmitter
« on: January 23, 2017, 05:23:34 pm »
Hi there, building our first drone and using a zmr 250 kit, with a flysky fs-i6 transmitter with its own receiver.  There is a cc3d flight controller.

We have it all built, plugged into LibrePilot and ran through the configuration and firmware upgrades all ok.  When it comes to setting up the transmitter, we have gone through the setup wizard, it shows the receiver activity however it doesn't show the corresponding movement on the diagram below.  We don't have a flight mode switch on the transmitter.

After the setup wizard, setting the arming option (roll right) and saving the configuration, we are able to get all the motors to spin up as expected.  We disconnect it from the computer and everything still works fine.  When we then disconnect the power from the drone (main battery) and reconnect it, the drone does not respond to the transmitter, and it needs to be reconnected to the laptop and LibrePilot and the setup wizard ran again.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  We bought this from unmanned tech, and so far their tech support seems unmanned.

Re: Drone not remembering transmitter
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 05:35:31 pm »
Try binding without conecting to pc with bind plug into reciver

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 06:02:04 pm »
Is it an RC bind issue?

I recall hearing that you must have a Flight Mode Switch, even if it only has one position.  You could manually set one up and see if that helps.

It must be set up on both the Input -> Flight Mode Switch Settings page and the Input -> Remote Control Input page

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 06:10:25 pm »
Hi Andy, thank you for the suggestion.  The red light was solid on the receiver so we never thought that would be an issue.  We did try your suggestion however and it has worked a treat, and now fires up every time.

Thank you so much for your help.