mr_w

• LibrePilot
Re: F3 based flight controller firmware support
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2017, 12:36:46 am »
You will need to connect over /dev/tty.* something that is associated with cp2102 usb-serial bridge on that board, and take it from there.

Though I havent tested non-evo in a while, I do have some bootloader fixes pending (related to updating from gcs).

« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2017, 05:45:45 am »
Maybe you didn't know that you must get the install program for the latest version called "next" posted earlier.  :)

or get "next" source code and build it (including GCS) yourself.

ehrans

« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2017, 07:37:43 am »
Maybe you didn't know that you must get the install program for the latest version called "next" posted earlier.  :)

or get "next" source code and build it (including GCS) yourself.

i downloaded and installed that "next" posted build from google drive. still not recognized two of well know working sprf3 boards. BTW i'm at windows.  and as i assume from mr_w post, maybe is just working for linux, isn't it?

« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2017, 08:01:07 am »
First you have to use BetaFlight/CleanFlight etc. to install one of the bootloader hex files posted earlier.  Only after that will the 'next' LP GCS see the F3 FC.

mr_w

• LibrePilot
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2017, 09:05:41 am »
F3 boards with native USB connection (without usb bridge chip) - which are all except the original spracing f3, connect automatically with GCS.

With Spracingf3 (non-evo) you need to manually pick serial connection from connections list at bottom right corner (GCS).

ehrans

« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2017, 02:17:26 pm »
Not working at "next" build posted earlier in this thread for Windows, can't select com port manually. Is grayed. Comport is mounted as com3 and recognizable from betaflight, but after bl_hex flashed no more communication to betaflight neither librepilotcgs. I'll try if I can select it in Linux later.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk

ehrans

« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2017, 12:06:03 pm »
As far I tested, sprf3 board does not work with latest compiled firmware and GCS.

Compiled the "next" and the "lp-512" branches. Both, but on different tries.

Rolled back my sprf3 to betaflight using boot pins and st32flasher. This board does not populate dfu status outside because the ftdi chip connected to uart1

Used betaflight to flash black for sprf3. Rebooted, connect to com3 on CGS, tried to update. Nothing happens...

Flashed fw_spracingf3.bin on board using stflasher and connect to CGS... Com3 again. Nothing happens...

Tested on both boards. Rolled back again to betaflight... Everything is working. I can assume is not a hardware fault.

I also have a full revolution and everything is working fine in CGS with that board.

Weird.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 12:10:28 pm by ehrans »

mr_w

• LibrePilot
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2017, 02:01:35 pm »
Indeed. I guess a tutorial should be handy for these odd boards with usb serial bridge.

Btw, bridge manufacturer is Silabs, not FTDI. So the board does not have "ftdi" chip, but silabs cp2102.

ehrans

« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2017, 07:17:11 pm »
You'r right is the "be used" to use an "FTDI adapter" everytime I need to bridge USB to serial uart on some boards. Even if my "FTDI adapter" is using a silabs chip, same as the sprf3.

ehrans

« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2017, 08:40:08 pm »
Yeeeehaaaaaa!  I got working.  The one to flash is the ef_spracingf3.bin file when doing "make all_flight" compilation.

I used stm32flash to flash it with boot pads shorted.

Now I can connect to sprf3 board at CGS.

Let's have some fun with this.

Testing...

mr_w

• LibrePilot
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2017, 09:09:15 pm »
Is your board deluxe version or acro without mag/baro?

ehrans

« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2017, 09:36:07 pm »
both i have are deluxe 10DOF version

BTW, after few minutes.... i'm still trying to figure how to say it where is the receiver connected and wich protocol, i assumed wizards will not work as usual on betas. but on simple selection and save windows neither.  i suppose have to mess with the system/settings windows, right?

mr_w

• LibrePilot
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2017, 09:52:11 pm »
Yes, I am currently working on that missing hardware page for this and other f3 boards. In the meantime, you do need to go to System, HWSPracingF3Settings and change it to your liking, then hit the icon with red arrow pointing up (that means save permanently to FC). Clicking will save only currently selected object, so be sure that HWSPracingF3Settings or its items are selected when saving.

ehrans

« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2017, 10:28:41 pm »
Yes, I am currently working on that missing hardware page for this and other f3 boards. In the meantime, you do need to go to System, HWSPracingF3Settings and change it to your liking, then hit the icon with red arrow pointing up (that means save permanently to FC). Clicking will save only currently selected object, so be sure that HWSPracingF3Settings or its items are selected when saving.

as far i can see, is not "permanent" reset or power cycle the fc makes all settings go to defaults

so i can't set the receiver at s.bus cause need a power cycle to change mode

well, nice work anyways. i'll be looking around for the progress

« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2017, 01:09:20 am »
Use red up arrow, save", arrow at top of System page.  Green up arrow is "send" which is not permanent.