My PC won't connect to my Eachine CC3D but other computers will
« on: January 12, 2017, 03:08:20 am »
I have been having issues getting my computer to connect to my CC3D FC and nothing had been working. I tried all sorts of things short of another computer.

As soon as I connected to another computer with the LibrePilot GCS on it, my FC was immediately recognized and updated without a problem. My question is now, how do I get my PC (Windows 10) to connect to my FC? This problem has been incredibly frustrating.

hwh

Re: My PC won't connect to my Eachine CC3D but other computers will
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 05:00:31 am »
Yes, Microsoft has a lot of problems with their USB drivers.  They always have.   Assuming you've swapped USB cables and ports on that computer I'd try the "solution" part of https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Troubleshooting even though it was written for different symptoms.

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 08:25:37 am »
So I have previously followed that troubleshooting, the problem here is that when I do follow that, instead of being a USB Composite Device, it is showing up under the ports section as Copter Control (COM11). I am lead to assume that I really messed something up here to cause my CC3D to be recognized as a COM port on my PC and not others. Could that be a driver that I installed and don't know where it came from?

hwh

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 09:44:03 am »
I always blame Microsoft  ;)  but it could be something you installed.   Usually it helps if you right click on that com entry in the device manager and tell it to delete it and the drivers.  Then unplug the card and plug it in again.  A lot of the time it will then install properly using just it's own built in HID drivers.   Just deleting the device doesn't work, when it asks about the drivers you have to tell it to delete them too.

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 09:20:36 pm »
I tend to blame Microsoft too, except I am thinking this time it was something i did. I did as you said, but the CC3D reinstalled itself as another COM port again. It is a brand new out of the box FC so I know I haven't messed with any internal drivers on it, but my computer will not install the thing as a USB Composite Device. Any other suggestions? I appreciate all you have had for me so far.

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 12:19:51 am »
The problem is with the PC.  If one good CC3D doesn't work, then very probably none will till you fix the PC.  Buying a new CC3D doesn't help.

I don't do Windows any more, but this sounds like the sort of thing where going into Device Manager and Uninstalling all the related USB devices (especially ones that are marked with ! or some error) might help.  Uninstall sounds bad, but it really just unconfigures the loading of that device.  The next time you plug the device it, it will be automatically installed.

The worst thing that you can do in regard to this kind of problem is to plug the device in and click OK on the device wizard before loading the driver (from CD, internet, etc.).  The uninstall thing resets it so that it can start from the beginning again and install the driver instead of ignoring the issue which is what happens when you plug in the device before you run the driver installation program.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 04:23:55 pm by TheOtherCliff »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 11:51:52 am »
So I have previously followed that troubleshooting, the problem here is that when I do follow that, instead of being a USB Composite Device, it is showing up under the ports section as Copter Control (COM11).

Following https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Troubleshooting

You must be able to identify what Composite Device is added to the system just after you connect the board.
Uninstalling the serial device resolves nothing, uninstalling the Composite Device related to the board is the key.