jtrout19

Frsky Telemetry s-port??
« on: January 08, 2017, 11:44:29 pm »
Any plans to add it? If so time frame! I got it all working with my pixhawk and love having the extra info on my transmitter! Would love to have the same thing with my revolutions!

Re: Frsky Telemetry s-port??
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 01:35:39 am »
Hello,

My desired configuration is: REVO(with Oplink), GPS, FrSky X4RSB, minimOSD,FPV-Transmitter. I have a test-equipment.

Now i think Telemetry over Frsky is not possible to send to my TX (F12E with Deviation)

Working in the moment: GPS (Naza Clon) Attopilot Sensor, X4RSB CPPM mode.

Is it possible to send telemetry to X4 and minimOSD ? Cause i can have some warnings on my TX with vibration. And minimOSD can send some horizon Data.

On a Naze32 Board

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 02:36:58 am »
 :Hey jtrout19 ... no response .. maybee we should asking with more power ??
 :) ;D 8) ::)

hwh

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 03:48:50 am »
This is an all volunteer project, if anyone who owns FrSky equipment wanted telemetry they'd have programmed it.  So far none of them have wanted telemetry enough to do it.

Other developers aren't going to spend their own money to buy the equipment just to program it.  The manufacturers don't give developers equipment, they have to buy it.

You're welcome to fork the project and program it yourself.  If you do get it working it can be merged into the main repository.

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 02:33:55 am »
Hello hwh,

Thanks for your answer.
Yes - i have the equipment - if i can do anything to support and help i will do.

I dont want to make any stress.

But for an user like me - its not easy to have an overview which persons does what (for example the coordination of this project).

My question was: Is there any plan to support s.port telemetry: your answer means: No - not in the moment- if you want it - do it by yourself. That is what i want to know.

The next question will be: Are there more users interessted?

If its not ok for you that i ask such things - let me know - than i am silent in future. 

hwh

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 03:51:32 am »
...which persons does what (for example the coordination of this project)...

There is no actual coordinator, it operates as a democracy. Individual developers work on whatever interests them.  It requires four developers to agree to merge something into the main repository.  Currently one developer is working on support for several F3 based boards, another support for the "acro" F4 boards like the revo acro and airbot-F4 (flip32-F4).  One is working on the Android app. Others are working on different projects.

...Are there more users interested? ...

I've seen a couple of posts asking about support for Frsky telemetry over the last year or so.

...If its not ok for you that i ask such things - let me know - than i am silent in future.

It's fine.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 08:12:44 am »
But for an user like me - its not easy to have an overview which persons does what

If you want to know about the activity or persons you may take a look at the Welcome page in GCS, recent commits are displayed.
Another source of information is Bitbucket, looking at pull request already merged :
https://bitbucket.org/librepilot/librepilot/pull-requests/?state=MERGED

Or in progress:
https://bitbucket.org/librepilot/librepilot/pull-requests/

SPort is a work in progress that need more time (or contributors) for polishing before merge.
https://bitbucket.org/mindnever/librepilot/branch/frsky_sport_telemetry_WIP

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 04:14:42 pm »
Thanks a lot for your time to answer my questions.

I have checked your links.

Is it possible to send a message to the developer of the s.port-code?  I singned up - but i find now way to ask him what i can do to help.

Thank you in advance for all what you have done and will do for this great project.