Having to [re] update firmware?
« on: January 06, 2017, 06:58:37 pm »
This has happened more than once for me, sharing for awareness and feedback.

There have been times where my CC3D or Revolution went from working fine to "totally messed up" when I made some type of change.

In at least a couple of those cases, re-running the vehicle wizard (even with the 'Erase all settings' option checked) would not let me return to the previous functional state even though I set the configuration back the way it was.

For example, with my Revolution board I switched to INS13 navigation, had troubles with calibration, and the switched back to Basic navigation.  Even after unplugging GPS and AuxMag, the system was hosed and totally unflyable no matter what I could think to do.  I've had to to a full firmware upgrade (back to the same release) to get it functional again.

Clues that things were messed up:
-Artificial Horizon all out of whack
-The INPUT screens not reflecting TX stick/flight mode changes (although the flight mode on flight data screen did update)
-If it was functional enough to get airborn, very rough flying, motors cutting out, just sounding 'weird', etc.

I also had similar experiences on CC3D, though I can't recall the exact scenario.

Any thoughts or perspectives?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Having to [re] update firmware?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 07:10:18 pm »
Do you have some config files, log files or UAVO screenshot using the Help > Export UAVO data ?

Without files (before/after) or steps to reproduce, fixing your issue list cannot be done without a crystal ball help.

Re: Having to [re] update firmware?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 11:48:40 pm »
Do you have some config files, log files or UAVO screenshot using the Help > Export UAVO data ?

Without files (before/after) or steps to reproduce, fixing your issue list cannot be done without a crystal ball help.

Thanks...but I'm way past that point now.  Have already reflashed the board and starting over on the configuration.  Have it back to basic flight now at least.

:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk