QC102

16.09 - iMac problems??
« on: December 18, 2016, 06:03:41 am »
I  downloads the  new and now current version 16.09.   I have have a 450 frame that I use to set up FC and  try different PIDs etc, - if it gets wrecked its no hassle.  I mention this because I always seem to have issues when I updated to the RC1 and RC2 version, so not really wanting to mess up the FC that are OK now.
I used this "testbed" frame and updated a CC3D - starting the set up from the Welcome screen... All is OK til I try to set up the TX... the first stages are OK - but when it come to after the "center all sticks and knobs" screen - whatever I do the  sticks  do not move let alone follow my TX  stick movements. I had used Appdelete to remove it - re-installed again - still the same - repeat  deleted- did a restart  on the Mac and installed again...still the same.  Any idea's??

Also the PFD in flight screen is still blank and does not show ( as far as I can see) when I open the  edit gadgets window I take it its still an unresolved issue.

Re: 16.09 - iMac problems??
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 07:57:09 am »
The most common problem for that is not plugging in the flight battery.  Flight battery is needed to give power to the RC receiver.  Of course you plug battery in to ESC and ESC into FC.

Can you plug a servo into the receiver to prove that it is working?  Are the servo plugs plugged in the right way?  Do you have RC wired and configured correctly for whatever type of signal (PWM, PPM, SBus, etc.).  Did you tell the wizard the same kind of signal?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 10:25:40 am »

The blank PFD issue comes most of the time from the old GCS config (15.09) that still in your personal directory.
Go to Import/Export GCS settings and do a config reset. Starting the app with the '-reset' option do the same.

QC102

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 08:00:08 am »
The most common problem for that is not plugging in the flight battery.  Flight battery is needed to give power to the RC receiver.  Of course you plug battery in to ESC and ESC into FC.
Can you plug a servo into the receiver to prove that it is working?  Are the servo plugs plugged in the right way?  Do you have RC wired and configured correctly for whatever type of signal (PWM, PPM, SBus, etc.).  Did you tell the wizard the same kind of signal?

Frustrating -  three times I was almost done with a reply when  the LP forum  window blinks and the post vanishes. Beginning to think all my issues are due to a rotten Apple!
Anyway...The quad consists of  working  parts and is flyable - and normally well behaved... but I use it as a testbed that I can chop and change everything to  run tests and or new parts coming in.  It did have a 4000mah Multi-star lipo running.
Today  I  tried to run the transmitter wizard on three of my  frames.. same lipo on each... none  showed any stick movements although  the green "activity bar" shows what is moving. 

After I did that test, I went back to  the Revolution.... all green using GPS and both mages showing  green.  Went to set up a flight mode switch....and spent the next hour trying to find out why channel  4 - Yaw was in fact showing channel 5 and  both an Aux switch and  yaw moved together! Same with both my two Revolution.    Had a couple of jobs to do and  got back to  its after a three hour break... opened LP,  plugged everything  in - again using the same 4000mah lipo, left it to settle in for about 15 minutes and came. This time channel 4 is back to Yaw stick showing bar movements - but could not  activate Aux 1 or flightmode on channels 5 and tries channel 6 also.

I gave that up and it will be Thursday afternoon soonest before I can get back to playing around...due to being a bag carrier for the boss and her last minute Christmas shopping.  I  will get back if and when things change. BUT  I happen to know Santa is bringing a nice DJI Naza M Lite....so  the Revolutions and Neo M8N are likely to  go on offer.

QC102

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 08:01:54 am »

The blank PFD issue comes most of the time from the old GCS config (15.09) that still in your personal directory.
Go to Import/Export GCS settings and do a config reset. Starting the app with the '-reset' option do the same.

Thanks - will try that.    a few minutes later.... did the reset  PFD  is Ok  now... thanks again..
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 08:07:08 am by QC102 »

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 08:38:07 pm »
It sounds like you have some working quads, but when you try to configure them you have problems.

I would try a different computer and USB cable, even if it a friend's, just to see if you can configure successfully for a test.

You might also consider leaving the flight battery plugged in while configuring, in case the USB power is marginal.

QC102

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 07:12:42 am »
It sounds like you have some working quads, but when you try to configure them you have problems.

I would try a different computer and USB cable, even if it a friend's, just to see if you can configure successfully for a test.

You might also consider leaving the flight battery plugged in while configuring, in case the USB power is marginal.

Update:
I cured the problem!
Basically deleted / uninstalled all versions of LP on my iMac and mini marks, cleared out anything in the library and time machine backups. Did a full cold boot on both.....searched again for anything hidden away....then installed 16.09. I put all my CC3D and Revo's through upgrade and erase ( did screen shots of all set ups) and used the vehicle setup wizard and TX wizard. I also reset my TGY i10 and then added each model allocating a name and channel. The first went through with everything working...stick in the wizard showing as normal. Forgot ....starting with the first...before running the wizard, I did a config reset ...then run the wizard.
Still having issues with the are Revo boards....in basic each flies OK or as Google or bad as my CC3D boards. With Comp and mag....and everything showing breen....as I slowly added power ...even before any sign of lift...it did a fairly fast right flip?  The second Revo also has odd behaviour....getting to the stage above....it needed full right Ail, to counter the left pull. I am not good enough to even try taking it above a coup,e of feet or trying to change direction. Connected to a computer and turn on the GPS options....last time showed 14 sats...indoors...and all green using the onboard mag only. The mags are OK, according to the pix I uploaded on another thread ...and I accept my lack of knowledge is likely the cause of my issues rather than the electronic bits!
I have been building a Tarot 650 and have not done much else with the Revo's and I think both Revo's and a Neo M8n,  need to go and get me some funds for other stuff!

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 08:44:18 pm »
Start out without GPS/mag and get it flying well without them, with Basic (not INS13).

Verify:
- FC is mounted with arrow forward (ESC connections on right side)
- ESCs are plugged in in the correct places
- motors spin in the correct directions (must be correct, no cheating by swapping props around)
- correct props are mounted on each motor (must be correct, no cheating by swapping props around)
- do ESC calibration and neutral in the wiki

Finally, take off from a level place, and do it quickly.  Arm, spin up, take off in say 5 seconds.  Hover at knee to waist high.  Don't spin up slowly.