Sbus output needed -- possible ?
« on: January 07, 2017, 03:30:50 pm »
Hello,

like to use the system in a biger 4 engine fix-wing plane.

But here I used a sbus system due to the complexity.
Is it possible to prgram an output to sbus, that I may connect to my system?
Sbus in and sbus out.

Thanks
Oskar   

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Sbus output needed -- possible ?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 03:42:47 pm »
Hi, welcome.

SBus output is not implemented, only PWM based individual outputs are allowed.

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 05:56:09 pm »
SBus is transmit only so you could make a Y cable to plug in the receiver (transmits the signal) and plugs in the FC (receives the signal) and also plugs in your other equipment (receives the signal).

The only issue is whether the signal sender can support the load of two listeners, but I would guess that is no problem.

You just have to configure your other equipment to use the desired channels.

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 06:08:23 pm »
thx for the answers
So I need to go with a different solution, I only have sbus due to too many servos.
igyro will do the job, but is much to expensive

oskar

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 06:33:52 pm »
I don't understand why you can't use a Y cable if you could use SBus out of FC.

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 06:41:47 pm »
Maybe use something like this ($12 shipped) with a Y cable (you make the Y cable), to get individual servo (PWM) outputs.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/F14366-8CH-Receiver-PWM-to-PPM-SBUS-DBUS-S-BUS-Encoder-Signal-Converter-Module-/111652665828

Could probably even use an old CC3D you have lying around.  SBus input and 6 servo output connectors (your choice which channels).  It would take some configuring...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 06:45:17 pm by TheOtherCliff »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 06:57:00 pm »
This converter should be connected to servo Outputs from board or the stabilization do not work at all.
And still no need Y cable.

Could probably even use an old CC3D you have lying around.  SBus input and 6 servo output connectors (your choice which channels).  It would take some configuring...
A CC3D do not do the job since the conversion will be Sbus to multiple PWM outputs (SBus > PWM) instead of PWM to Sbus

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 12:56:48 am »
One of the modes that converter works in is SBus input with PWM output.  A Y cable from receiver giving the same signal to the FC and to the converter would convert the first 8 channels in the converter.

A CC3D might be used in place of that converter by using the CC3D SBus input, and manually configuring some desired channels as accessory outputs to be sent to ESC connectors?  Disable sanity checks.  Always armed.  I haven't tried it, but I haven't yet thought of a reason it wouldn't work.

I'm assuming all he needs is a few transmitter channels passed through to SBus output.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2017, 01:14:15 am »
Oskar asked for SBus ENCODING, this means one SBus output from board that can drive all the servos connected using SBus and do the stabilization.

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 09:41:52 am »
Well that makes sense.

He didn't actually mention encoding, just output.  I took it to mean he just wanted some channels passed through unmodified.

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2017, 11:38:42 am »
hi,

yes, thats my actual configuration, it's a B-17 and I don't want trouble if one gas engine fail

So looking for a solution with a gyro

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2017, 12:02:29 pm »
That sbus adapter I linked to does either encoding or decoding, so you could connect FC PWM servo outputs to the adapter and get a single SBus signal, if that is what you want.

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2017, 03:08:48 pm »
thx Cliff,

the adapter came also in my mind, but I need 14 channel for all the functions.
So I think I go with the igyro, got a very good offer.

btw, can I run the CC3D also with 2S, or only with 5V ?

Have a 2S LiFePo setup in an other plane.

oskar

hwh

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2017, 07:25:52 pm »
The Chinese clones vary a lot in what voltage regulator they use.  Some are only rated for a max in of 5.5v.   It's safest to always run them off regulated 5v.

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2017, 07:33:06 pm »
How about a Y cable for the high channel numbers and the adapter for the "FC controlled" low channel numbers?