jwgera

Everything seems to work except that the blade pitch (collective) with the throttle does not work.
on vehicle:
   Basic settings:
      channel 5 = engine
      Collective Pass through checked
   Swashplate leveling
       Swashplate functions at all levels
   Curve settings are set
Input:
    Throttle = channel 1
    Flight Mode =channel 5
    Collective = tried channel 1 or 6
Output:
    #5 -bank 3  throttle

System
    Mixer Settings
        Curve2Source = tried Collect or Throttle.

Do I really need channel 6?   Isn't the pitch suppose to respond to channel 1 throttle travel?

Any ideas of what I might be missing?

« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 12:04:24 am by jwgera »

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
attach your UAV file
Happy Landings!

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
probably need to "jerry save": first save 3 servos 140 degrees and then again immediately 3 servos 120 degrees" after swashplate leveling routine. There is a bug.
Happy Landings!

jwgera

Thank you for your response.   I just tried going through the swashplate leveling proceedure, switching to 140 degrees, save, the switch to 120 degrees and save. 

Unfortuntately no change.

Attached is my uav file

jwgera

What is collective PassThrough?    I assume it means that the signal that controls the
throttle would also control the collective Pitch.  Or simply that if you increase the
joystick to 25%, the throttle would move to the throttle curve value at 25% and the swashplate
would move to the 25% position of the pitch curve.

Is that right? and if so, shouldn't the throttle and pitch only be driven by the throttle channel?

Ah, I think you are talking about "collective".  :)  Pitch is usually "fore and aft cyclic" / elevator around here...

First of all, I haven't ever set up a heli (single rotor) to use LP before.  It's my understanding that currently LP will only control one "aLtitude" channel (collective if you have separate throttle and collective) and that to get something like INS13 PositionHold working, the pilot is controlling the throttle while the FC controls the collective to maintain the correct altitude.

From that I am guessing that a collective pass through would be for doing collective intensive stunts while still using the FC for something like Rate mode on roll/pitch/yaw.

LP needs someone who does helis to code it up for the FC to handle throttle and collective (separate curves, idle up, etc) on the heli while only using a single, linear channel (throttle) on the transmitter (plus maybe some new flight modes on the FMS).

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
Throttle curves below. Trying substituting mine for yours. They are quite different. I will look for oher discrepancies later. Edit your UAV with any editor.

Yours:
 <field name="ThrottleCurve1" values="0,0.25,0.500240743,0.5,0.5"/>
            <field name="ThrottleCurve2" values="0,0.00389507716,0,0.5,1"/>
MIne:
     <field values="0,0.25,0.5,0.75,1" name="ThrottleCurve1"/>
            <field values="-1,-0.5,0,0.5,1" name="ThrottleCurve2"/>

Happy Landings!

jwgera

Theothercliff:

Thank you for your reply,
The pitch I was referring to is the pitch of the blades not the pitch of the helicopter. I don't know what LP is. I am not as knowlegeable as you, (somewhat of a beginner).  Anyhow, using the CC3D controller and Librepilot, under vehicle- curve settings, there is a throttle curve and a pitch curve.  I believe these curves describe the reaction of the throttle and the pitch of the blades as the throttle stick on the transmitter is advanced. Under vehicle - basic settings, there is a check box labeled "collective pass through".   I am trying to understand what "collective pass through"means.   Does that mean that by checking it, i have linked the throttle curve and the pitch curve together so that the throttle channel will control both?

DaveAppleMotors:
I made the change you suggested which puts the two curves I an referring to above back to the default. This did not change my issue. Perhaps if I understood this "collective pass through" it would help me.  I don't understand how the collective is controlled.  Channel 1 controls the throttle. Does it control the collective too? If I use channel 6 for the collective, how does that vary since my transmitter channel 6 is only two position (0 or 1)?

Thanks for your help in advance.

I might also point out that I am not interested in flying upside down so I am trying to set up my helicopter so at 0 throttle I have 0 throttle and 0 blade pitch.   at full throttle I would have full throttle and maximum blade pitch. Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 11:28:28 pm by jwgera »

jwgera

I would still like my questions answered,

however I did get the collective pitch working by going through every tab in vehicle and "jerrySave" on each change.   (ie, basic settings, swashplate level and curve settings) changing values and "jerrysave" each.  I am setup with blade pitch from 0 to full, Channel 1 for both throttle and collective on input remote control input tab. I am using channel 6 to arm as an accessory0
I also have System - settings - System Settings - ThrustControl = Throttle
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 04:24:46 am by jwgera »

hwh

I would still like my questions answered, ...

None of the current developers fly helicopters.   One of the devs has opened an issue and is looking at the "jerrysave" thing. 

For the most part we leave answering most heli questions to the more experienced heli users like daveapplemotors.   I can't think of anyone he hasn't been able to help.

karla

I would still like my questions answered,
  I am setup with blade pitch from 0 to full, Channel 1 for both throttle and collective on input remote control input tab. I am using channel 6 to arm as an accessory0

Use channel 1 for your Throttle curve. Use channel 6 for your collective curve. On your radio transmitter be sure to set both of these curves as linear from min to max while you are setting the flight controller up and performing the Swash Plate Leveling exercise (when you completed that successfully you change the collective curve on your transmitter to give you the your desired 0 to 10 degrees move of the blade pitch as you move the throttle from 0 to max).
Yes, and you should check the box: Collective Pass through. This will pass your transmitters collective curve through to the Flight controller channel 6 without any tampering directly to the servos of your Heli.
Don't use channel 6 (collective) to arm! use your Yaw (channel 4?) 'yaw right' perhaps or left doesn't matter.
Make sense?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 08:31:30 am by karla »

jwgera

Thank you Karla, and all for your responses. The problem has been solved and with a new discovery.

It looks like there are two ways to set this up. I didn't try what Karla described since I got it working. It looks like the method Karla descirbes allows you to use the transmitter to define the throttle and blade pitch curves.

It looks like I discovered a second method to set this up:
I do not define the throttle and blade pitch curves on my transmitter but on the flight controller.
I use channel 1 for both the throttle and collective on the input page
I use channel 6 as assessory0 and set it to arm and disarm
I set settings-system settings - ThrustControl = throttle
I discovered that the key factor I was missing and kept the collector from functions was setting
the slide bar for the collective to max in vehicle - basic settings. 

On further testing I discovered that the jerrysave was not the sole factor that fixed my problem.
It was setting the collective slide bar to max that really solved my problem. This is repeatable.
Setting this to 0 results in my problem, setting back to max gets everything working.

Also CollectivePassThrough is also needed. If not checked, the collective does not work.
I believe I am correct in that the CollectivePassThrough passes the collective curve through to the throttle.

Thank you to all for your efforts in helping me. :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 08:12:12 pm by jwgera »

LP = LibrePilot :)

I am not an LP heli pilot.  I fly helis infrequently.  I fly LP a lot.  I don't have an LP heli, but now I have an itch to try it.

It sounds like there is more heli functionality than I remember.  By all means listen to the guys that actually have a heli flying.  :)

karla

Nice work Jwgera!
I think setting the collective curve in the FC will work for you. I have never tried it just because of a longstanding habit of using the transmitter for the curves. Maybe there is an advantage in your way not having to bother with another GUI of the transmitter, just the Librepilot.
Have some great flights!
K