Set up cc3d/rx tx NO throttle???
« on: January 02, 2017, 07:13:26 am »
Okay so first off its my first multirotor ever so im completely new to this used to planes. I bought a kingkong 260 pnp off of hobbyking. Opened it up set up the cc3d board, binded and set up my remote. Everything went smooth besides trying to figure out the plug in for my reciever. I had to use another port on the flight board to give my reciever power?? Is this normal? Now when i plug in the battery it beeps and i disarm it and nothing happens with the throttle. Here's some pics and set up info. Any help would be much appreciated.
-dx7 radio
-orange rx reciever
-kingkong 260 pnp

Re: Set up cc3d/rx tx NO throttle???
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 07:32:41 am »
here is the pics....

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 07:40:12 pm »
Are you running LibrePilot or CleanFlight?

Well the wiring could be the same for either.

Is this PPM or PWM or SBus ...

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 08:32:12 pm »
I am running libreflight and it is set as pwm but with just the wires from the reciever port it gets no power. I had to use another port for power which i haven't found anyone else online so far using which is odd to me. It set up fine with that set up though, also the flight screen shows no errors and arms and disarms okay but when i disconnect it from the computer and plug in a battery no throttle reponse.

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 08:33:01 pm »
Correction librepilot.. haha

hwh

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 09:29:02 pm »
Two power wires shouldn't work or be necessary.   On the kingkong micro cc3d (I think that's what you have) the connector on the end you're plugged into with the thicker power wires is intended for a sat receiver and puts out only 3.3v.  Depending on which port is which the third wire is either main or flexi RX.

On most receivers all the power pins are connected.  The manual for the receiver should say.  Since that one specifically says the end port is power it's possible they're not connected and you have to put power in on that connector.  If they are connected you're shorting 3.3v power to 5v power by connecting both cables.

I'd remove the cable to the 3 pin connector on the FC completely.   Use a meter to see if the throttle (black,red,white) connector has power on it the way it's supposed to.   Remember, the receiver is only powered by the battery, USB alone doesn't power it.

If the connector does have power with the battery connected but the receiver doesn't power up with it connected I'd try moving the power and ground pins from the throttle (black,red,white) connector and put them on the corresponding pins on the receiver power connector leaving just the white wire where it is.

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 10:05:02 pm »
UPDATE: checked power on reciever port connecter and wire. The power pin for the connection was bent to the side and not going in the connector. Put it back in position and removed the sat reciever wire and everything works good after i set the tx throttle range.  ;D Appreciate the help.