CPitt

cc3d board fried?
« on: December 31, 2016, 10:44:44 pm »
Hello everybody!  I am retired and new to this hobby and not very computer literate.  A friend crashed my falcon 250 into a snow bank and tried to fly right away!  It lifted about 10 feet and slowly came back down.  I see a spot on the cc3d board that could be a short but not sure.  Is there a way to tell if the board is bad on librepilot?  I tried a new board but when hooked to librepilot it says no input.  The old board hooks up ok.  Thanks for any help and I am sure I will have more dumb questions in the future.

Re: cc3d board fried?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 11:13:37 pm »
If water has been on the cc3d try washing it down with Isopropyl alcohol to get rid of water residue as if water drys it leaves a conductive residue this will cause shorts.  Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 04:42:55 am »
Coming down slowly (same battery?) might be that the battery was very low then.

If it's just a CC3D (doesn't have a baro) you could blow it off with compressed air or some of that duster in a can.  Don't do this to a Revo or Sparky2 or any FC with a baro (without being VERY careful about not blowing the baro).

Then let it dry for a day or 3.

Seems you said the old one works fine and the new one doesn't?  If that new one has never been used, it may just need new firmware that matches the GCS version you are using.

CPitt

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 06:31:32 am »
How do I install new firmware on new cc3d board.  As for the old cc3d, I have tried several batteries and after about 30 seconds the quad lifts only about 3 feet and comes back down.  It is not the battery so it must be the cc3d?  Just asking and thanks for the responses.

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 04:51:10 pm »
Firmware page, press Update and Erase and then plug in the USB.

You may have to update the bootloader first.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/dosearchsite.action?queryString=bootloader

"Invisible oscillation" can cause all throttle settings to be effectively close to 50% throttle.  Does it take off with very little throttle (which is being internally increased to 50%)?  Multiply all your PID D terms by say 0.5 (or all PID P-I-D terms by say 0.66) and see if the throttle issue goes away.