oplink bluetooth connection
« on: October 26, 2017, 08:09:14 pm »
Hello everyone, my bluethoot module connected to the flexi port sends regularly the dates to the android app in short distance, but if I connect it to the oplink receiver flexy port, it doesn't works, the app doesn't loads the uavo file, what is wrong? Do you have a solution?

Sorry for my English

Re: oplink bluetooth connection
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 12:12:38 am »
You need either bluetooth on both sides or OpLink on both sides.

Android phone has bluetooth built in and it can talk to bluetooth module in aircraft.

Android phone would need OpLink to talk to OpLink in aircraft.

Is this your problem?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: oplink bluetooth connection
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 01:22:31 am »
"Hybrid" link can be done, not only Bluetooth<>Bluetooth or Oplink<>Oplink...
This give better range for the aircraft and still using a full wireless connection.
OPLink can be also connected to the android using the serial port (VCP) but the phone provides the power and finally result in poor autonomy.

Android (Bluetooth built in)<<<Bluetooth link>>> Bluetooth module <> Oplink <<<<RF link>>>> Revo/Sparky2/OPLink
configuration will work fine configured like here except you do not need "Data+Control" but just "Data" because you do not need PPM input (and Rc radio).

Be sure the ground OPLink is externally powered using a battery+5V regulator connected to the unused port or connected to the Bluetooth module (providing power to the OPLink).
Try MainPort for telemetry connection with Bluetooth module.

Post config file for both sides if still doesn't work.