Has anyone had this issue with LibrePilot GCS?
« on: December 26, 2016, 12:13:51 am »
Good afternoon gentlemen. First of all let me start by saying I am entirely new to drones. Though I have some experience with small electronics (I've built countless mosfets for airsoft), this is a whole new level for me.

That having been said, I humbly request your assistance.

I just purchased a pair of KingKong 260 FPV drones for Xmas for my boys along with a pair of Turnigy TGY-i6 tx/rxs, but I'm having difficulty setting them up.

I've already downloaded and installed LibrePilot. I've already configured the vehicle setup wizard and I'm half way through the setup of the tx/rx.
I'm on the configuration tab in remote control input. (The point where it is asking you to move both the sticks on the radio to their maximum extents).
Rx activity registers every directional input correctly from the sticks (in the green status bar up top). throttle movement registers as ch3, yaw ch4, roll ch 1 & pitch ch2.

But I can't see the sticks moving on the monitor in the GCS and I can't proceed.

Has anyone run into this issue?

Initially I thought it might be a faulty tx and or rx but everything else has worked as it is supposed to until that point in the setup of the tx/rx.

I did try this setup with a second exact same drone and tx/rx (both the same exact models). Results were exactly the same. This is now looking like it could be an issue with LibrePilot. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled it at last half a dozen times and still no luck.

Please help. My boys are chomping at the bit to use these gifts they just received this morning.

CC3D to Rx is wired black, red and white on ch 1 (white to signal), blue to ch 2, yellow to ch 3, green to ch 4, second yellow to ch 5 & black to ch 6 (all with the single wires to the signal pin.

Vehicle setup wizard works flawlessly.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 12:38:34 am by A. Rios »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Has anyone had this issue with LibrePilot GCS?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 12:56:48 am »
Hi,
What's yours settings while starting the transmitter wizard ?
"Acro" Tx, mode 2 ?

Since you see the activity in the top-right corner, that not related to the hardware.
You can affect the channel type and channel number according to the receiver activity information and next start a manual calibration.

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 01:09:01 am »
Yes, my settings are Acro and it's a mode 2 tx.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 01:33:58 am »
Since i cannot reproduce your issue seems difficult say whats wrong.

Maybe disconnect all USB and battery and connect again before starting Transmitter wizard.

Next you can try manual setup.

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 09:47:24 pm »
I am having a similar issue with my FS-i4x tx and my FS-A6 Rx. I can't get past the roll step of the transmitter wizard. My quad is set up as PWM, with channel 1 of the receiver connected to the FC. all other channels are open.

GCS shows that it's receiving signal over the PWM channel 1 when I roll left and right, but it's not letting me past that step...

Any ideas on what to try next? I am not sure how to go about manual calibration, I have tried, but it doesn't seem to work for me. It tells me to make sure I am moving all of my sticks, including the throttle stick. Which I do, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Should I be using the previous version of LibrePilot for my CC3D card and this transmiter receiver combo?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 11:08:37 pm »
Should I be using the previous version of LibrePilot for my CC3D card and this transmiter receiver combo?

No.
If you can't do more than Throttle detection, whatever the version you should have the same issue.

Replied here :
https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=3272.msg23014#msg23014