Revo Nano Receiver Port support in 16.09?
« on: January 09, 2017, 10:29:03 am »
Super short history:  Longtime lurker.  Ran across the OP forums years ago when researching and buying my first multirotor stuff including a HK CC3D board.  Managed to get 2 Revo Nanos before the OP implosion.  Still have yet to get a multi-rotor all the way together but, darn it, this is going to be the year.

I was at a crossing point in deciding if I should sell off all my OP/LP stuff or give it a go when I checked the Libre Pilot forums again and saw that 16.09 was released AND there was now GPS support that didn't require the impossible to buy V9 GPS.  A trip to ebay and a week or so go by and I now have a new in the box (and under $40) Naza Lite GPS sitting here next to all my other multirotor stuff.  Just need to track down a connector shell to make an adapter cable, which brings me to my question...

Looking through 16.09 and the Wiki (needs a lot of help for the Nano, hope to be able to intelligently contribute some info later in the spring) I saw that the "full" Revolution board now has the ability to re-task the Receiver port (FlexiIO) to take GPS input as well as output to WS2811 LEDs among other things.  I'm interested in both.  Is this possible currently on the Nano?  If not, is it possible in the future and just needs to be implemented or is there some hardware limitation that prevents it? 

The only thing I could find in GCS is under Settings - HW Settings - RV_RcvrPort and RM_RcvrPort.  I'm guessing the Nano is the "RV" variant based on the options I see there that match what's shown in the GUI.  I need to do some more poking around and maybe look at the developer resources as well and see what documentation is around related to this.  I'm not even sure if the chips are the same or different between the two.

HK CC3D, 2x OP Revo Nano, OPLink Modem, HK (3DR clone) 915 MHz telemetry set, and some non-LP relevant electronics.  Spektrum DX9 (hope to run over OPLink!).  Assorted airframe kits...

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Revo Nano Receiver Port support in 16.09?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 10:42:05 am »
RevoNano cannot use the receiver port for any 'serial' features (GPS, telemetry, combridge).
This is why the receiver port on nano is never called FlexiIO like the one from full sized Revo.

This is a hardware limitation.

Re: Revo Nano Receiver Port support in 16.09?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 10:55:07 am »
Gotcha.  I'll have to look into something like the HK Revolution or Sparky 2 clone somewhere down the road to get all the bells and whistles at once. 

I was going to run DSM2/DSMX type satellites for receivers but may look into a PPM receiver setup to free up one of the other ports to get me closer to what I want to do. 
HK CC3D, 2x OP Revo Nano, OPLink Modem, HK (3DR clone) 915 MHz telemetry set, and some non-LP relevant electronics.  Spektrum DX9 (hope to run over OPLink!).  Assorted airframe kits...