Jhinta

SRXL telemetery support?
« on: December 21, 2016, 10:54:58 pm »
so i was looking for a telemetry support for my dx18 but i now see that they have a srlx witch is bi-directional and does telemetry
librepilot does have SRXL support but was telemetry protocal also added?

http://spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPM4649T
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2727822-New-Spektrum-DSMX-Quad-Race-Serial-Receiver-with-Telemetry-(SPM4649T)
http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/Files/SPM4649T_Bi-Directional_SRXL_specifications.pdf
if not can this be added?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 08:44:44 pm by Jhinta »

Re: SRXL telemetery support?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 07:50:00 pm »
IIRC SRXL is supported, but SRXL telemetry is not supported.

It could certainly be done.  It just requires someone who has SRXL, is interested in doing it, and can do the code.  :)

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 07:32:44 am »
jhinta,

were you ever able to connect your receiver?  I'm running the same receiver and cannot get the cc3d to see it in libre pilot under the rx/tx setup wizard

Jhinta

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 12:15:27 pm »
jhinta,

were you ever able to connect your receiver?  I'm running the same receiver and cannot get the cc3d to see it in libre pilot under the rx/tx setup wizard

do you have a dsmx-sat or a srxl-sat ?

dsmx needs 3,3v will not work with 5v , and srxl i dont have yet as i'm waiting for  xbus support , they will release it when raceflight will come out i think.

(dsmx) also if you need to bind it, pre-bind it before connecting this way it will work directly, or read wiki howto and use 3,3v !!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 03:39:40 pm by Jhinta »

Jhinta

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 05:17:29 pm »
IIRC SRXL is supported, but SRXL telemetry is not supported.

It could certainly be done.  It just requires someone who has SRXL, is interested in doing it, and can do the code.  :)

btw , can srxl be move to flexi-IO or is this a limit?

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 07:42:20 pm »
It's my understanding that SRXL is just a serial protocol and could be put on MainPort, FlexiPort, Flexi-IO, or RcvrPort (for Sparky2).  I recall it is already on RcvrPort for Sparky2.

There are two things that keep this from happening:
- It needs a dev with hardware and a desire to do it.
- More importantly, making it available anywhere it can be done makes the code messy.  We need a better way of organizing all the ports on all the boards that everybody wants added.  :)  This issue is compounded by the number of boards that people want added.

Jhinta

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 08:37:09 pm »
It's my understanding that SRXL is just a serial protocol and could be put on MainPort, FlexiPort, Flexi-IO, or RcvrPort (for Sparky2).  I recall it is already on RcvrPort for Sparky2.

There are two things that keep this from happening:
- It needs a dev with hardware and a desire to do it.
- More importantly, making it available anywhere it can be done makes the code messy.  We need a better way of organizing all the ports on all the boards that everybody wants added.  :)  This issue is compounded by the number of boards that people want added.

as i can see in commit hystory this seems easy to do, will order one and see what will work.