esc for stable flight
« on: December 17, 2016, 11:03:24 pm »
Hi,

Do i need high end escs (damping light, oneshot) for better stabilization (aerial photography)? Or are they more relevant for racing?
Hardware: F450 Frame--Revolution Board--EMax 2213-935kv--BullTec 30A Opto--5000mAh 3S 30C LiPo--NEO M8N GPS+MAG--Fr Sky Taranis Plus + OPLink Mini
Addon: sj5000x + two axis gimbal + minimosd + eachine VT + easycap
Software: Black Rhino, LP2GO

Mateusz

Re: esc for stable flight
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 11:52:28 pm »
Hi,

Do i need high end escs (damping light, oneshot) for better stabilization (aerial photography)? Or are they more relevant for racing?

Damping light is when you want more aggressive manoeuvrers, since it's actively slowing down motors not just by friction. Oneshot stuff is a bit of improvement over PWM, mainly because of synchronization of gyro but there is a fixed physical limit on how fast motor can change, so that's where it ends. But I doubt it's of any big improvement for aerial photography or filming, besides there are people making really amazing movies with basic ESCs.

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 07:38:57 am »
Hi I think ESC is selected base on your drone motors and battery.

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 06:06:51 pm »
I think you are talking about the size of the ESC.  Mateusz is talking about the features of the code running inside the ESC, especially the part that makes the ESC react more quickly.  :)