Cannot fly after firmware upgrade
« on: December 27, 2016, 09:27:29 pm »
Hi everyone,

I'm a total noob when it comes to quads and I need a little help. I have an Akaso 250 racing quad and I just upgraded the firmware (did Update, NOT Update and Erase). Well, after updating the firmware the quad no longer flies. More specifically, when I plug the battery into the quad the start up "song" doesn't finish (plays 3 beeps instead of the usual 5) and my receiver doesn't move the motors. Do I have to go through the vehicle setup wizard after a firmware upgrade? FYI, my flight controller is a CC3D.

hwh

Re: Cannot fly after firmware upgrade
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 09:43:36 pm »
You didn't really provide any information on what you did.  Not what the old version of the firmware was nor what the new one is.   If you skipped the erase it wouldn't work unless the old and new versions were very close, like 16.09RC2 to 16.09.  Even with a close version upgrade it often won't work.  Skipping the erase on something like 15.09 to 16.09 pretty much guarantees it won't work.

I'd suggest doing the "upgrade" again and doing the "upgrade and erase" one.  And then go through the wizards and set it up.

Re: Cannot fly after firmware upgrade
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 06:07:55 am »
Sorry, didn't write down the old firmware version and I didn't notice the new one (16.09) until you asked. What you said worked. Although, I had to go through the transmitter wizard twice to get that working properly. After the first time the rpms on the motors kept "jumping". Not sure where I went wrong the first time. In any case, thank you for your help! I'm back up and flying :)