Firmware for Chinese Mini Atom CC3D
« on: December 18, 2016, 10:46:17 am »
Hi,

Which Firmware do I need to download from the website for my Chinese mini Atom CC3D? The CopterPilot doesn't seem to work.
I'm speaking of this one here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Side-pin-straight-pin-OpenPilot-Mini-CC3D-Atom-CC3D-EVO-Flight-Controller-for-mini-250-Quadcopter/32556241532.html

Thanks!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Firmware for Chinese Mini Atom CC3D
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 11:07:26 am »
The Atom is a CC3D, no need to download a firmware file.
You just need to update using GCS like this:

- Disconnect board
- Click 'Upgrade&Erase' button
- Connect board and wait.

You should also check the bootloader, a v4 is needed and you can update the bootloader manually like described here:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Firmware+Tab#FirmwareTab-UpdateBootloaderandUpdatefirmware

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 11:38:55 am »
That's the point, the firmware seems to be corrupt and "upgrade & erase" doesn't work. I'm able to flash the firmware using the rescue modus, but then I need the correct firmware version :) The boot loader is already V4.

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 11:58:00 am »
Does rescue mode finish successfully?  That should put the firmware on the CC3D.

Maybe you are using old GCS?  Just download latest LibrePilot program and repeat the rescue mode with that to get the latest of everything (GCS and firmware).  GCS and firmware need to match to work correctly.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 12:10:09 pm »
If you hit 'Upgrade&Erase' button before connecting the board, that should work the same as Rescue button, using the packed firmware that matches the GCS version you use.

Post a screenshot from the firmware tab after a rescue.
You ask for a correct firmware version but do not mention what GCS version you use ?

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 02:12:40 pm »
Thank you very much! The last tip hitting upgrade & erase before connecting the board did the trick. It could be so easy :)
I was using the most recent version of GCS 16.09 -LibrePilot.