Re: Possibly a bug at librepilot
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2017, 02:08:22 am »
Anything above zero throttle should work.  The firmware will effectively boost the throttle to be able to give 100% actuator, so 1% throttle and full roll will give idle on one side and 100% on the other side, the approximate equivalent of 50% throttle and 100% roll.

One thing I found is that the cheap ESCs that do not have a crystal drift a lot when they warm up.  A way to see this is before takeoff use one click of throttle and see that all motors are running with anything that is not zero throttle.  Fly to warm up the motors.  Land.  Now see what one click of throttle stick does.  On my ESC's, they don't run.  To fix this I generally add about 20 or more to "slowest reliable spinning" when setting motor neutrals.  This makes the issue a lot worse since the motors will stop and take at least a fraction of a second longer to start up.  I noticed it with hard yaw one way then the other.  A motor would stop and it would flip over.  Now there is much less problem and it is a wiggle instead of a flip.

gitit20

• If it will fly I will crash it.
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2017, 09:18:30 am »
Mine did this on old OP once it got upside down and stayed that way. It plowed into the ground at the speed of light... Left a 30-foot crater with smoldering quad parts at the center. Ok so that last bit was not true but it did hit the ground around 60 MPH and killed EVERYTHING even my sd card was broken so no video... 
Do the best you can It's all you can do.

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2017, 01:09:03 am »
Do you remember what mode you were flying and what you tried to do to get out?

Was there any noticeable response to the sticks at all?

gitit20

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2017, 08:13:42 am »
I want to say I was in ratatude. I tried role and then pitch. and it seemed to try a little then go back to level falling upside down.

Now that I remember I did have it do it a 2nd time. with a Revo. I have a video of that. I almost had it recovered but didn't get there in time you can see how it kinda pauses and tilts back and forth. on this video I was trying to roll it in ratatude.

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2017, 09:30:35 am »
Hard to say on that one.  Could even be a short receiver lockout.  :(

gitit20

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2017, 05:04:14 am »
no idea it only does it when its upside down.