Revo sometimes doesn't throttle down properly
« on: November 23, 2016, 09:35:42 pm »
Just built a hex and I'm using a Revo for FC. Everything is working fine, except:

I run through the full range of throttle up, no problems. When I throttle down the motors don't correspondingly slow down. They will switch off when I cut the throttle completely, but there's no gradual decrease, it's basically full on to full off (and resulting fall from the sky).

I've calibrated the ESCs numerous times and always end up with this same result. Any ideas?

Re: Revo sometimes doesn't throttle down properly
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 09:40:00 pm »
I'm using some generic ESCs and A2212/13T 1000kv motors (gold, eBay special). I also fly a 500mm quad (normal CC3D FC, not Revo) using the same ESCs and motors with no issue.

Re: Revo sometimes doesn't throttle down properly
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 07:34:16 am »
If you are running a mode that uses the baro (like Altitude Vario), but your baro is feeling the prop blast, that can happen.  Prop blast makes higher pressure which is assumed to be "altitude too low" and it shoots up hard, prop blast is worse, shoots harder and higher, runway feedback loop that basically produces full throttle till you stop the motors.

If your PIDs are too high you can get invisible oscillations which forces the motors to act like they have half power even when it is set to 10%.

Bad vibrations can cause these oscillations in some circumstances too.