Enabling S-Bus or cPPM with Orange R820X V2 Rx
« on: November 19, 2016, 01:06:51 am »
As I continue to try to add capabilities to my vehicle, it looks like I'll run out of ports on my Revo. 
As of now, I'm using an Orange R821X V2 connected to the Flexi-IO port via PWM, which pretty much uses up all the available connections on that port.  My GPS occupies the Main port (without an Aux Mag connection).  I plan to use the Flexi port for connecting my micro MinimOSD, which precludes its use for the additional Aux Mag connections, and the Sonar/Volt/Current port for a TBS current sensor. 
Supposedly, my receiver can do S-Bus and cPPM, which would free up pins on the Flexi IO for some other uses, but I can't find any guidance on how to configure the Rx to put out S-Bus or cPPM signals to the Flexi-IO.
Thanks in advance for any help.

jtrout19

Re: Enabling S-Bus or cPPM with Orange R820X V2 Rx
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 03:54:40 am »
https://hobbyking.com/media/file/29582354X1606554X27.pdf

second page of the pdf. Your bind port puts out Cppm of S.bus depending on the version you purchased.

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 07:31:45 pm »
Thanks for the info.
The instructions I got with my receiver didn't have anything on port assignments, and I couldn't find it in "Discussion" or "Files" on HK's website.

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 11:41:58 pm »
One common solution to get everything to fit is to get a GPS / mag that sends all the data on a single port.  For LP 16.09 that would be either OP-GPSv9 or DJI-Naza

jtrout19

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 05:32:16 am »
No problem man. I am still learning and will help as much as I can. Lord knows i need a lot of help in the beginning. I will second the NAZA gps. Amazing units and worth the extra money!

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 02:51:15 pm »
Thanks again for the info and advice.
This is probably a bit off topic, but, for a few brief shining moments, I got to experience the joy of things working properly on my quad project.
I went through the entire calibration procedure compulsively, set up Altitude Vario and Position Hold per instructions, took off on manual control, and switched on and off the other flight modes.  Both worked as they were supposed to.  It was fun to watch the PFD and the vehicle as it corrected for the breeze to remain parked in midair, drifting less than a meter in any direction, even after landing and changing batteries and using the mini OP GPS (which did get 10-11 satellites). 
However, after another battery change, the Revo wouldn't flicker its bootup LED sequence or arm, and telemetry quit working.
So - it's back to the bench to try to figure out what changed..................