Problem with GCS<->revo and GCS<->oplink communication
« on: November 07, 2015, 10:04:35 am »
Hi I've installed revolution borad clone from banggood yesterday and configured it  also configured oplink mini  to communicate with it (didn't work with 100mW but worked with less)  And worked just great.

Today i launched GCS andneither oplink nor revo is detected properly in GCS.
Connections: shows USB:Revolution and op;link mini accordingly but oplink modem tab doesn't appear hardware tab is empty and tx is 12-48 while RX is 0.

Instaled GCS on laptop ant there is normal communication with revolution but not with oplink and I see activity led on oplink modem when i powerup revolution but nothing on desktop nor laptop.
I flashed oplink modem board, didn't help but activity LED was still indicating radio comms.
I flashed ad erased settings and activity led is off and still no RX in GCS
I'm attaching only activity in system that shows TxFailures

Is it a software issue,driver or is it more of a hardware issue?

All was done on open pilot gcs but then checked the same is happening in librepilot gcs (without reflashing the boards.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 10:42:22 am by przemo-c »

Mateusz

Re: Problem with GCS<->revo and GCS<->oplink communication
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 11:15:17 am »
Is it a software issue,driver or is it more of a hardware issue?

• Make sure you use the same firmware and GCS version on both OPlink modem and Flight controller this is required
  • Test connection by having some reasonable distance between OPlink modem and flight controller if you test with higher power
  • Never enabled TX module without antenna connected, especially when you use higher powers
  • Banggood is known from poor quality control, I had multiple items from them which had issues like broken connector, my colleague had short on revo main-port  (hot iron fixed it and works fine now) or misaligned lens in camera (required tedious aligning and gluing) etc... So inspect your hardware before powering it.

I hope this is useful and helps somehow..

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 11:21:26 am »
OPlink and gcs same version
I cannot test connection as OPlink modem tab doesn't show up after i plug in the OPlink modem (but in the bottom right t corner shows up as connected oplink mini)
Antenna is connected (learned the hard wayon FPV transmitter)
The board looks ok no misaligned parts no sloppy solders and the board worked ok yesterday also same issue is with revolution connected direclty to desktop pc no communication. On laptop revolution connects ok but oplink still has the same issue.

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 06:55:52 pm »
After looong consultation with Mateusz We'e found the problem..... Windows.... something wrong in the OS (interfering app com drivers.. who knows)
Under linux everything just works properly.

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 09:11:48 pm »
So I take it if we want to use OPLink with an old Win XP field laptop.... we are hosed???
Anyone finding a fix?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 09:14:42 pm »
Something with Windows, just the driver that sometimes is initialized wrong.

See wiki page:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Troubleshooting

Should works fine with WinXP