ALM

Blackbox OpenLog support?
« on: November 16, 2016, 05:00:06 pm »
Hi,
I didn't find any info about such a possibility. Any thoughts on that?

Re: Blackbox OpenLog support?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 05:19:35 pm »
It has been / is being discussed, but don't expect it any time soon.  :(

There is a way to make it start up and log serial data at a fixed baud rate.  I recall that could be used as it is.  Just set telemetry to be sent out a port and connect the recorder to that port.  The problem with this is that the packets won't have a time stamp and would not be readable by the GCS.

The simplest fix would be to change either the BlackBox to add GCS compatible timestamps or the LP firmware to send them.

TauLabs / dRonin already has hardware and firmware for logging IIRC.

ALM

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 05:22:34 pm »
Thank you for the explanation. Im interested in logging vibs first of all.

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 12:31:34 am »
I would use telemetry and have the GCS log the data.  I would log the accels and gyros and throttle (you probably want to up the data rates of the accels and gyros) when hovering with very little roll/pitch, and some high power low power bounces.  When you display all this on one graph (maybe not Z accel), you should see a correlation between sensor noise and throttle position and there is your vibration.

AutoTune has a Noise value too.  SystemIdentState.Noise (IIRC).

jtrout19

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 05:30:43 am »
Not trying to hijack here but how do you view your recorded logs. I try and click on it and it load the GCS but nothing happens. And its also not shown in my GCS side logs

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 02:29:07 pm »
GCS, lower right corner there is a "Connections:" list.  Select "Logfile:', then press "Connect".  When you press "Connect" it will bring up a standard file selection dialog.

While it plays back you can watch it on any of the pages that have live data; Flight, Scopes, Firmware ...
On the System page you will find some playback controls for pause/play and speed.

jtrout19

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 03:46:31 pm »
awesome thank you

hwh

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 04:24:05 pm »
You can play logs but the controls on the System tab are broken.  https://librepilot.atlassian.net/browse/LP-271   It's waiting for someone really familiar with GCS (QT) programming to have time to work on it.  IIRC it's some kind of problem starting/stopping timers from a different thread than started it.

Starting playback by selecting the file works but pause, restart, etc... have problems.