i cant get started with Librepilot
« on: November 07, 2016, 02:31:41 pm »
i have been trying on and off for 6 months to get the system workig to no avail ,,. cant get the upgrade working or much else .its all wired up to the CC3c board but cannot get working at all ..help .. all times out then nothing

win7 system with latest download
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 02:36:46 pm by cadstar99 »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: i cant get started with Librepilot
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 02:52:26 pm »
Welcome.

Most of the time the boards comes from china with a old bootloader flashed on it.

Bootloader for CC3D: https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/download/attachments/4128780/bu_cc3d.opfw

You need to update the bootloader (v4) and next add the firmware, the procedure is described here:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Firmware+Tab#FirmwareTab-UpdateBootloaderandUpdatefirmware

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 05:39:55 pm »
that seemed to go ok , but how can i be sure its the latest version and all working? the dials in libra all seem to work ok when i tip it at angles .. but further along when i go into vehicle setup .i can get as far as checking the motors but they dont spin and can get no further .seems wired up ok with the FSIA6 tx to the FC .. does this need another battery connected or is the usb providing power ?thanks

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 05:55:00 pm »
USB do not provide power to the motors of course.
Usb only power the board, not accessory connected to it. (Esc/motors or receiver)

If you need to test motors or calibrate Esc you need to connect the battery to the pdb/esc's
Remove propellers !

If the firmware is not updated you should see a popup that complain about version mismatch between GCS and firmware flashed.

cant get the motos to arm
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 03:51:36 pm »
i get stuck at the motors arming bit , i am sure i wired it up right but on the page it shows the multi coloured wires going to the RX throttle /roll /pitch /yaw but i cant be sure which pins these are on my FS-Ia6 ..just channels 1 2 3 4 5 6 .and the colours of the wires are not clear as blue and purple are the same and green doesnt look green. i bound the TX to the RX on a previous model but do i need to do this again ? so which pins(channels) are roll pitch yaw and throttle on the RX ?and which color wire goes where ?? and flight mode refers to what ??and what colour wire should that be ?
thanx

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: cant get the motos to arm
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 04:29:45 pm »
The connector order in receiver side doesn't matter, the transmitter wizard ask the stick to move and affect each input active at this moment to the function wanted. Throttle, Roll, Pitch, Yaw...

The flight mode channel need to be setup previously in your radio, this mean when you move one switch there is other receiver output that change.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 04:34:19 pm by f5soh »

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 08:16:55 pm »
Yup, I stressed about the receiver wiring too, but the transmitter setup wizard takes care if that, so just plug them in any order you want!  However, on my reciever I believe the connector that has all 3 wires must go in channel 1 to power the receiver.  The connectors do need to be in the right orientation though (your receiver probably has marked which column of pins is signal, positive, and negative).

The flight mode setting is a way to change 'on the fly' what flight mode the quad is in.  To me, that's something for a more experienced pilot who sometimes wants their quad very smooth/stable and other times wants it very responsive/snappy.  I didn't bother setting that to a switch or anything at first, I just made sure there was only one flight mode setup in librapilot.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk