jtrout19

Re: GPS and AuxMag Issues when doing everything right!
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2016, 08:10:33 am »
OK I had found a page that described an issue with the a certain cap next in a voltage regulator circuit that caused barometer issues. Sitting still my baro fluctuates between 207 and 209. So as soon as I find the page again I am going to remove that capacitor. I believe it is C9 but want to make sure. I will report back if the fix works.

jtrout19

« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2016, 07:51:12 pm »
Yip thats it thank you. The only thing is the revolutions i have are not laid out like the original revolutions. So i can find the regulator but not sure which cap is which and i cannot see a trace that runs to the cap because of a cap that is so close to the pin. Granted that might be the cap so i will try tonight and see what happens

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2016, 02:44:45 pm »
Hi everybody,

i also trying to get GPS mode working with internal mag.
So i read about the gain(scale) values (revo_calibration-->mag_transform), which should be nearly the same in all values (r0c0,r1c1,r2c2), as discussed here.
But also if i do the calibration with only the revo board in my hand outside on a field i'm getting these results : 0,85 / 0,83 / 1,14

Also mounted revo on the frame (mounted 45mm above the frame, no metall around, GPS 80 mm above frame) and doing the calibration, results are nearly the same and MAG is always green also when hovering.
So i tried to switch to INS13 navigation mode with flight mode in Attitude mode and manual thrust. It then flies nearly as good as complementary mode. Also Hold Altitude mode works well (Oscilates smooth half meter up and down on a windy day) (Thanks to the discussion in this thread  ;) ). Just need a little more PID fine tuning.
For info: got a Revolution clone with dark plastic cover and black foam already installed. Just needed to make the foam a little thinner otherwise it oscilated really strong, because air cant get through i think.

So am i right if i now switch to position hold mode that this will also work well? Or does this mode uses different attitude calculation? Cause flying without assist in INS13 mode seems to work...

Thx in advance for your investigation and by the way sorry for not the best english ;-)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 09:35:31 am by DocHardinger »
Hardware: F450 Frame--Revolution Board--EMax 2213-935kv--BullTec 30A Opto--5000mAh 3S 30C LiPo--NEO M8N GPS+MAG--Fr Sky Taranis Plus + OPLink Mini
Addon: sj5000x + two axis gimbal + minimosd + eachine VT + easycap
Software: Black Rhino, LP2GO

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2016, 12:24:04 am »
Sounds like you are ready to use the GPS.  :)

Before first flight of the day, let it sit for 15 minutes for GPS to "download the almanac".

I recommend you use VelocityRoam instead of PositionHold.  All sticks in the center, it is EXACTLY the same as PositionHold, but if you move a stick, it moves a little bit, and exactly as you would hope it would.

jtrout19

« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2016, 05:21:15 am »
I have to say this......the naza gps is so much better than the neo m6n that I purchased off of hobbyking. I will not buy any other gps from now on. I will post video tomorrow of how my flight goes. I think I finally got everything set. Its been a long journey, almost wanted to give up at times but I am hopeful this time. Gut feeling! wish me luck

« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2016, 02:20:40 pm »
Good luck, but I don't think you will need it.  :)

The only recommendation I have is to have an FMS that has Attitude mode for takeoff and emergencies.  The other mode should be VelocityRoam.  Take off in Attitude and switch to VR.  If you have any problem, switch back to Attitude.  Play with VR.  It is very fun to fly.  You can drive it around like an RC car.

https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=1805.msg13091#msg13091

jtrout19

« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2016, 07:43:17 pm »
I also posted this in the Revo Aux Mag thread for the sake of having more info in that thread.  (duplicate post removed - hwh)

alrighty tell me why this would happen.

So I got my genuine naza gps yesterday installed it and did a just for the hell of it calibration inside my house last night. 
the mag_transform values i got last night in the house were great. All values were in like .05 of each other. So today I go outside and redo the calibration over oplink in the cornfield with my wife operating the computer.

these are the values I got
Code: [Select]
1.04264   1.02504    1.17621

f5soh says these values are not symmetrical. So why do I get better values inside the house and worse values outside the house.

Now I will say that velocity roam holds altitude really well currently. I have small oscillations in both velocity roam and position hold. I also get a large oscillation that gets worse evertime it cycles. The small oscillation looks like to high a Kp the entire quad oscillates. The large oscillation is just a pitch axis oscillation so at first it will tilt forward slightly then tip back slighty and then go forward again a little bit farther and then go back a little bit farther.....and so on until i have to switch back to a non gps mode to keep it from crashing or manual moves the sticks to correct it.

So things are a little better but still not there yet. Any Ideas. oh and MAG stays green the entire flight even at full throttle so does GPS. and AUX MAG ORIENTATION values are all at 0 and stay there regardless of quad position.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 08:02:13 pm by hwh »

« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2016, 08:55:07 pm »
At one time there was an issue with aux mag calibration.  The values need to be reset before doing the calibration.  I'm not 100% sure the fix is in the RC yet or that you have the latest RC.

The work around is to set all your aux mag biases to 0 (0,0,0) and the transform to 1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1 before doing the calibration.

I have a consistent east-west oscillation in GPS flight (PH / VR) and that may be what you are seeing.  Is your oscillation east-west only?  Is that with a DJI/Naza GPS/mag?

jtrout19

« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2016, 09:27:36 pm »
The version of GCS I have automatically resets everything when you git start calibration. I have the UAVO broswer open right next to the calibration window so I can see it happen real time. I didnt pay attention to the direction at all times. I will say the last time I flew it the quad was pointed east and the oscillation was east to west there. I could deal with a little oscillation but the fact that it gets bigger and bigger and bigger to the point where the quad crashes is not good. Last question is yes I it is with the DJI GPS/MAG

« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2016, 11:53:19 pm »
I reduced my VtolPathFollowerSettings PIDs and it still oscillates a bit, but does not grow any more.

I need to look into this and fix it.  I have a good idea where to look.

My settings (this might calm it down a bit for you):
HorizontalPosP 0.125
Both HorizontalVelPID and VelocityRoamHorizontalVelPID are 2.4 1.2 1.2 0.95
VelocityFeedForward 0.6

jtrout19

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2016, 02:07:36 am »
OK I will try those settings. Thank you for your help. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help! I will report back tomorrow. Maybe tonight if I decided to get all bundled up and go outside but definitely tomorrow.

So if there anyway that explains all the values in vtolpathfollowersettings? I know there are some mouse over notes but I would really like to learn the FC and the GCS inside and out.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 02:29:01 am by jtrout19 »

jtrout19

« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2016, 11:37:47 pm »
Alright gave those settings a shot and it still has the issue. the back and forth got really large this time though and it is east to west or west to east. I made sure by facing east Would going back to 15.09 solve my issue?

hwh

« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2016, 12:29:59 am »
No, 15.09 isn't better at anything than the 16.09RCx releases.  It also doesn't support any external mag other than the original OpenPilot GPS Platinum (aka V9) that's no longer made.  It doesn't support the Naza GPS at all.

jtrout19

« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2016, 01:47:52 am »
Well i dont know what to do then. Ive done evrything you guys have said. I might have to go to a different fc for gps modes