QC102

Revolution FC - NEO M8N GPS = Confussion
« on: November 03, 2016, 04:07:08 am »
I freely admit to not being the quickest learner when it comes to our hobby! BUT – have read the info online and loads of posts here and STILL I get nowhere with my  two Revolution  FC and a NEO M8N GPS module.
I have gone through the calibration procedures –  dozens of times… in one 8 hour session I did  it 20 times….each with basically the same results.
Getting green on all panels is not an issues…its that – as you can see on the  pix… when I finish  calibration,  I disconnect – unplug USB physically from the  computer – battery unplugged – and  restart LP.
The direction of flight indicator can be seen spinning ( a still pic simply shows it as NOT pointing north) The  attitude indicator seems to be showing its heading down and spinning.
Each tuning ends this same way no matter what I do.
Looking at the system status panel, - all green that should be
I have  tried using both mags, and then each individually – same results – all showing an out of control spinning rolling  yawing aircraft!
Anybody  got a solution and if not – both the Revolution FCs and GPS will be  on Gumtree by Monday!

« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 04:11:11 am by QC102 »

Re: Revolution FC - NEO M8N GPS = Confussion
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 08:49:10 pm »
This is a symptom of having the System -> AuxMagSetting.BoardRotation set incorrectly.

You should not have this problem at all with the on board mag (that is when AuxMagSettings.Usage set to OnBoardOnly).

These settings are also available for setting in Attitude -> Magnetometer

This is documented in the wiki  :)  but it does not describe using the new GUI (Attitude -> Magnetometer) to set settings.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Aux+Mag+Setup+and+Calibration

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Revolution FC - NEO M8N GPS = Confussion
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 10:37:37 pm »
This is documented in the wiki  :)  but it does not describe using the new GUI (Attitude -> Magnetometer) to set settings.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Aux+Mag+Setup+and+Calibration

"New GUI" is almost 8 months old now.