Spektrum dx6 with orange R615Rx
« on: May 15, 2016, 06:15:40 pm »
I am having an issue with binding, it was working fine. Now the Tx will not bind to the orange r615x at all.  somethings different on the Transmittter. It used to say 'binding' in voice but now it does not say it.  The screen reports binding then.. bind failed.

Could it be the Rx not properly entering binding mode?
I have since upgraded the firmware on the Tx successfully and all the voice library went ok, the Tx still behaves the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have copied this here it's more relevant to hardware than general topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Spektrum dx6 with orange R615Rx
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 06:19:59 pm »

Build awaiting some tidying of wires after my initial test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hwh

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 07:01:06 pm »
I've deleted the original thread for you.  There's no need to duplicate posts, if it's in the wrong area someone will move it.

You probably haven't gotten an answer because no one who's read your post knows the answer, me included.  Sunday is a slow day on the forums, give it some time.  Eventually someone who knows the answer will probably read your post and answer.

ernstock

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 10:18:42 pm »
Hi
That dx6 looks smart - and voices ? Puts my dx8 to shame !
Anyways , I was using orange 615 RX and had nothing but trouble with them.
Moved onto genuine spektrum 6 ch rx for better performance / reliability.
Now I'm all about using a dsmx satellite on its own - makes a lot of sense on a 180 - have been out this eve to check actual range , (I normally just tool about close proximity woods n that) and even with the short antennae nearly next to "carbon fibre" (diatone 180) frame , still doing 150m , behind trees , buildings . ( quite poss a lot more ).
Spektrum satellite is about  £25 , or they poss do one with extended antennae and genuine diversity (?) for £45 .
They , along with the lemon satellite (have gone of these too of late)need a 5v to 3.3v step down .(or some fancy access on cc3d)
The Hyperion satellites seem to have a wider voltage range.
There , I don't often type and all I've done is banged on about dsmx rx - poss not really helped.
Anyways good luck.
Am also on South coast uk , devon.

ernstock

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 10:26:05 pm »
Ps
One that's caught me out before now - battery needs to be connected to rig , 5v to cc3d , which then gives 5v to rx.
Usb cable will light up n power cc3d but not power the rx.
Or so I believe.

jbarchuk

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 09:06:39 am »

But it's not really an LP/OP topic. Rcgroups.com is  MEGAZILLION times bigger than this forum. You'll get 100x answers 100x sooner in a DX6-specific forum over there.

Not to blow you off, but it's always best to ask Qs in the most appropriate forum on the most appropriate site.

Unless ernstock's suggestion fixed your problem.

If it doesn't fix it then you have a more basic malfunction that is separate from LP/FC.

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 09:20:04 am »
I've deleted the original thread for you.  There's no need to duplicate posts, if it's in the wrong area someone will move it.

You probably haven't gotten an answer because no one who's read your post knows the answer, me included.  Sunday is a slow day on the forums, give it some time.  Eventually someone who knows the answer will probably read your post and answer.
Thanks for removing it yes Sunday was slow today doesn't seem to be.

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 09:25:35 am »

But it's not really an LP/OP topic. Rcgroups.com is  MEGAZILLION times bigger than this forum. You'll get 100x answers 100x sooner in a DX6-specific forum over there.

Not to blow you off, but it's always best to ask Qs in the most appropriate forum on the most appropriate site.

If it doesn't fix it then you have a more basic malfunction that is separate from LP/FC.
I will check out rc. groups thanks.

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2016, 09:43:51 am »
Ps
One that's caught me out before now - battery needs to be connected to rig , 5v to cc3d , which then gives 5v to rx.
Usb cable will light up n power cc3d but not power the rx.
Or so I believe.

Thanks for your reply,  it's a lot of help actually as what your saying about the orange Rx confirms some of my suspicions.  I need to go to spektrum hardware.    I'm interested that you are from Devon,  do you know any good flying places or clubs in the region.  My nephews are down there and getting into the hobby a bit.

The right hardware purchases at this stage will save me wasted time and cash.

The dx6 is really neat. There's a lot to learn. And I think when I narrowed my setup down early to a custom build not ARF and dsmx.  What I'm saying is even with some knowledge it's a steep learning curve.

Another Rx arrives today to try.  But I'm going to source a Spectrum one.

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2016, 09:52:36 am »

I will check out rc. groups thanks.
I think I actually came to the LibrePilot forums because of problems (and there were quite a few) with LP software in Windows.  I took about two days to get it working. So that's why.  As for forums people will sometimes post off topic and I'm just finding my way around.  Thanks for the advice.

ernstock

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2016, 09:56:34 pm »
Well I hope you get up and flying soon.
Plenty of places to fly in devon .

jbarchuk

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2016, 05:18:03 am »
Off topic isn't really the issue. At least that's not the way I meant it. In most 'casual' forums, and LP is one of them, people talk about off topic stuff all the time. There are no topic Nazis here and 99% none at rcgroups either. My advice was meant to get you the best answer as quickly as possible. You -might- get a doughnut at a pizzeria if they have them available for dessert. You'll never ever find any pizza at a doughnut shop. :)

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2016, 01:48:01 am »
Off topic isn't really the issue. At least that's not the way I meant it. In most 'casual' forums, and LP is one of them, people talk about off topic stuff all the time. There are no topic Nazis here and 99% none at rcgroups either. My advice was meant to get you the best answer as quickly as possible. You -might- get a doughnut at a pizzeria if they have them available for dessert. You'll never ever find any pizza at a doughnut shop. :)
Thanks for the advice.

The Transmitters gone back,
I have a second hand transmitter on the way whilst the seller checks the dx6 over and if need be replaces it.

Hopefully will be up and flying. 

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2016, 08:09:49 am »
Hi
That dx6 looks smart - and voices ? Puts my dx8 to shame !
Anyways , I was using orange 615 RX and had nothing but trouble with them.
Moved onto genuine spektrum 6 ch rx for better performance / reliability.
Now I'm all about using a dsmx satellite on its own - makes a lot of sense on a 180 - have been out this eve to check actual range , (I normally just tool about close proximity woods n that) and even with the short antennae nearly next to "carbon fibre" (diatone 180) frame , still doing 150m , behind trees , buildings . ( quite poss a lot more ).
Spektrum satellite is about  £25 , or they poss do one with extended antennae and genuine diversity (?) for £45 .
They , along with the lemon satellite (have gone of these too of late)need a 5v to 3.3v step down .(or some fancy access on cc3d)
The Hyperion satellites seem to have a wider voltage range.
There , I don't often type and all I've done is banged on about dsmx rx - poss not really helped.
Anyways good luck.
Am also on South coast uk , devon.

I have a question, for your satellite rx, you need a 3.3v input. Did you get a voltage step-down regulator? I bought one for mine, and I don't understand how to connect it exactly.

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2016, 09:21:08 am »
If it can accept 5v (or whatever your ESC/BEC's put out) then simplest would be to insert it in the 3 wire cable between FC and RC Rx.

You can also skip the BEC and get 3.3v from the FC.  Sparky2 even has a jumper for that.  Also, I think it is the EVO CC3D FC that has extra ports with 3.3v instead of 5v, for satellites.

https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Setup+a+Spektrum+Satellite