jtrout19

Wierd issue cannot resolve with flight data tab
« on: November 06, 2016, 09:27:53 am »
Hey geys I have been trying to solve an issue all night and need some help. On a side note I finally got my mag working by building this https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30987654&postcount=296https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30987654&postcount=296 Works Great!

Anyone the little window with the picture of a quad that moves with your quad in the bottom left corner of the flight data tab, well its showing my quad pitched at like ~45 degree angle. The atrtificial horizon line shows perfectly level. What is going on with this?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Wierd issue cannot resolve with flight data tab
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 10:24:50 am »
This occurs if you shifted/rotated the view using a mouse.

You can simply resolve this issue restarting the Gcs or reset the view:
- click the modelview to give focus,
- hit the space bar in your keyboard.

jtrout19

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 02:39:36 pm »
Lord that was too easy.... thank you......very much

hwh

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 05:12:53 pm »
...I finally got my mag working by building this https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30987654&postcount=296https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30987654&postcount=296 Works Great! ...
That adapter by pawelsky is what the Chinese copied to make the DJI Naza clone GPS units.  They actually run his firmware unmodified.

It's a good solution for people who already own a two connector gps/mag and need to free up one of the ports for something else like an OSD.

jtrout19

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 05:27:01 pm »
Yip thats what I got going on too, plus i read somewhere that Mag over I2C has issues. I am using S.BUS and my RX does not support PPM (FrSKY X6R) so that is why I ended up building this. I also purchased a SBUS to CPPM converter but got tired of waiting on it to arrive in the mail.

I also used autotune last night as well. The quad flies amazing for as much as I could fly it at night in the rural area I am in. Will fly today more to see if PIDs are good. I will say that the PIDs autotune got are way different from what I got. I finally found a use for my arduino's though. I have 5 minis and 8 unos. I have a mix of the large DIP atmega uno and the SMD version which has the same ATMEGA that is on the Micro Minimosd. 

I wish i could learn to program like a JEDI. Would love to help you guys develop things. Specifically I would love to come up with a Color OSD. Maybe one day......

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 10:20:41 pm »
I would be interested to know now the one tune works compared to the other.

Two main things to test:
- fast forward flight in Attitude mode holding a significant amount of forward stick.  Suddenly release the forward stick to where you are only holding a small amount of forward stick.  Does it "pop up" as if you gave it a lot of back stick?
- descending straight down, no wind, at slow to medium speed.  Does one hold attitude better than the other and not wobble all over the place?

jtrout19

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 11:39:46 pm »
Well i unhooked it last night due to the issues i have been having with gps and mag calibration. But may be hooking it back up because i cannot get the flight controller to recognize the gps now. Went back and set everything to ublox and mag works over i2c but no gps. I have 2 naza clones coming in the mail. But wont be here for about a week. I still need to make video of everything and i may document everything i do this time around with arduino unit to make sure there are no issues.