gke

• Retired EE&CSE Professor
RTB/Nav CC3D
« on: August 10, 2016, 07:38:19 am »
I patched in return to base support on one of the last OP releases for the CC3D and had it working fine. Is anybody else interested in RTB capability on Libre for CC3D?

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 07:58:32 am by gke »

mr_w

• LibrePilot
Re: RTB/Nav CC3D
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 11:02:26 pm »
Sure, can you maybe explain what exactly you did?

gke

• Retired EE&CSE Professor
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 01:49:48 pm »
In simple terms the procedure is to record home position then use current position and course made good, which the GPS provides directly, to compute the turn correction to return. Scale this correction appropriately and apply it as an offset to the control surfaces.

The Wiki in the gitHub link below gives more explanation.

https://github.com/gke/OpenPilot-RTH

One of my friends had bought a CC3D and found that RTB had been dropped and said that it was stated as being impossible to restore;).

Mods are fairly simple but may offend purists as they bypass a lot of the dross in the OP code by the use of a couple of global variables.

The code has been flown on EasyStar II, Radian and Phantom Wing. The common feature of these is they are all foam and OK for this type of experiment. Having the Phantom return at high speed then orbiting in a high bank tight circle overhead is exciting.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 10:16:19 pm by gke »

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 07:56:41 pm »
GKE,
    I have used the CC3D on a quad and now have one setup for fixed wing but not installed yet.  I am interested in the RTB feature along with stabilization and was wondering if you would share your setup. IE, GPS and other accessories? 
Thanks

hwh

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 06:13:25 am »
Are you aware you'll have to take his old OpenPilot changes, modify and merge them them into a copy of LibrePilot, and compile your own custom firmware to do what he's talking about?

If you want GPS based functions a much better solution is to just use a revo or sparky2 flight controller that already has support for them.  In addition to RTB that gives you full autonomous flight.

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 02:35:21 pm »
There are already software projects that have such functionalities that work with a simple CC3D, but not based on Librepilot

Enviado desde mi SM-G900F mediante Tapatalk