Dronin/Librepilot PID
« on: September 20, 2016, 10:46:56 am »
Hello,

I have Dronin in one of my quads and i want to use librepilot. The PID are ok for it with Dronin (obtains with autotune) and i have a question.

Can i copy the PID (inner and outer loop) from dronin and paste in Librepilot?

Are the values have the same effects in the two GCS?

Thank you in advance

liftbag

• LibrePilot
Re: Dronin/Librepilot PID
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 11:14:10 am »
Hello,

I have Dronin in one of my quads and i want to use librepilot. The PID are ok for it with Dronin (obtains with autotune) and i have a question.

Can i copy the PID (inner and outer loop) from dronin and paste in Librepilot?

Are the values have the same effects in the two GCS?

Thank you in advance

I don't think they are so different to notice obvious differences. However you can also repeat AutoTune with LP 16.09-RC1.

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 12:38:17 pm »
hello thank you for your answer but i tryed to enable autotune with the last release of librepilot on my other cc3d and i have an error config message even if settings are ok (attitude, bank etc)...

Mateusz

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 01:15:23 pm »
hello thank you for your answer but i tryed to enable autotune with the last release of librepilot on my other cc3d and i have an error config message even if settings are ok (attitude, bank etc)...

Autotune hasn't been enabled/ported to CC3D yet in LibrePilot, it only works with Revolution and Sparky2 boards now.

liftbag

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 01:54:10 pm »
Sorry, I had not thought that you were using the CC3D.
My advice is to set dRonin PIDs, and then try with OPTune method, which in my case has always given the best results.

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 05:23:11 pm »
I already use the optune method for LP it's ok but take time.

So i will try and give back-up.

Thank you

liftbag

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 05:36:59 pm »
I already use the optune method for LP it's ok but take time.

So i will try and give back-up.

Thank you
Thank you in advance if you'll report back your results.

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 08:10:38 pm »
Hello

It seems ok.

I did an autotune with dronin today. I copied the pid in LP (just inner loop,i let the outter at 2.5) and seems work in attitude mode. Just increase the rate to have the same result of dronin where the outter pid were at 3.2 (am i wrong?).

I will try rate mode and fpv this week-end and give a feed back.

For the moment it's very stable, doesn't move when i don't touch the sticks and doesn't have vibration in ascend or go down neither when i shake it on pitch and roll.

I have a question, when i put the throttle at max position to ascend, the quad take angle in roll with 3s (with 4s make a flip and falls!!!). Is it a problem of sensor/accelerometer/gyro calibration? i already change all the components (motors, esc, cc3d..) step by step and the problem doen't seems come from them.

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2016, 08:17:49 pm »
Hello,

Just to give a feed back, pid took on dronin and come from autotune are ok on librepilot for cc3d.

The problem that i talked before comed from vibrations, solved with dampers...

Hope will help someone

A+