jtrout19

Having issue with upgrade need advice
« on: October 20, 2016, 05:03:19 am »
Hey guys its been a while since ive been on have not really had anything going on. Quad has been flying nice.

I decided to upgrade some stuff. So i purchased new reciever frsky X6R also got a uBLOX Neo-6m with compass and some new cloverleaf antennas for my video TX/RX. So here is what i got going on.

I purchased the X6R to use s.bus for more channels. But i have my Minimosd plugged into the flexiport port...... So now im confused on what to do. Any help is appreciated thanks guys!

One other quick question. The flight data tabs gives me a green GPS light but shows no satellites. I also dont get satellite indication in my OSD as well. Is there something I am missing here?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 06:42:42 am by jtrout19 »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Having issue with upgrade need advice
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 02:05:58 pm »
You didn't mention the board you use.
No sats in GPS skyview is normal for a CC3D, so i assume you have a CC3D.

If you use SBus + GPS you cannot connect the telemetry for OSD.
The only option for CC3D and what you want is PPM+GPS+OSD.

About OSD you may need to update the OSD firmware.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/MinOPOSD+setup

jtrout19

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 03:51:41 pm »
No i have the revolution board. Sorry dont know why i didnt think to mention that. I got telemetry to osd. Only problem now is no gps info in gcs or osd

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 04:16:56 pm »
If you use a Revo, there is no limitation for SkyView... maybe too bad reception. Go outdoors for GPS.

You can use all ports as follow:
- Sbus to MainPort
- GPS to FlexiPort
- OSD connected to FlexiIO (receiver port) with Telemetry

https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Revolution+Configuration#RevolutionConfiguration-FlexiIOpinOut/Functions

jtrout19

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 04:41:45 pm »
Thats exactly how i have it setup up. I was outside last night with the quad. Gps light went green but never showed in skyview or osd. So gcs is showing that it is connected my location eve pops up on the map.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 05:00:06 pm »
Coordinates in OSD need sat > 5 and stable altitude within 0.5m for 3s.

jtrout19

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 11:00:17 pm »
I left the quad sitting on my deck with a clear view of the sky for 15 minutes. It didnt move at all.

hwh

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 11:43:41 pm »
...a uBLOX Neo-6m with compass...
...Minimosd plugged into the flexiport port...... ...

If it's a Neo-6m with compass where is the compass plugged in?   Is it one of the DJI Naza clones that only use one connector for both gps and mag?  If it is the little globe showing sats on the system tab and the most of those associated numbers don't work because the Naza gps doesn't send the data.  I'm not sure which numbers the OSD uses.

jtrout19

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2016, 12:39:21 am »
Everything i had read about this unit says that to use compass yoy have to open it up and solder wires on. So right now i am not using compass on the unit only in the fc. Which is working great for me

marts

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 02:04:56 pm »
I am using librepilot for the first time with a CC3D atom. I am asked to do a firmware upgrade but all I get is a timeout error. When I tried to do a rescue same thing happens. I have 2 leds on when connected to USB a solid green and a slow flash blue. Whilst I am trying to connect the blue flashes fast but then goes back to slow and I get the timeout message.
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to proceed? 
Thanks Marts.

marts

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 01:23:42 pm »
I solved this one myself. I tried replacing the brand new usb cable with an old one from a mobile phone and that fixed the problem. Who would have thought a new cable would be faulty?

Another issue I had was with the downloaded opl software. The check on the version told me the software on my atom was a year younger than the downloaded software. This caused many issues as I was unable to set up the quadcopter esc's.
So I started everything from scratch, updated the firmware and all came good. The updated firmware is now consistent with the GCS requirements. But this was rather a lot for a newbie to comprehend.
The final issue I have is with the transmitter wizard. It does not respond to the throttle setup and I cannot make further progress. All in all I seem to have wasted about 10 hours of my valuable time. And being a newbie you always wonder if it is something you have done wrong despite the endless checks.