jtrout19

Such A Wonderful Feeling!!
« on: October 26, 2016, 06:54:47 am »
Hey guys so after much trial and error and things not working with my old revo that I toasted. I wanted to share this.... Its a hobbyking x650F frame. Its got Afro 30a ESC pushing multistar 2216 920KV motors with 12in props I can hover at just under half throttle. The Revolution flight controller with 16.09 RC2. Frsky X6R receiver running s.bus, Neo 6M gps, 500mw Video TX, Sony 700tvl FPV camera, minimOSD, I am running a castle BEC for a steady 5v, A HK PilotPower power distribution board, the one with the volt and current sensors built in, and a Kodak PixPro SP1 for amazing video.

I drilled a hole for the OPlink antenna that way I would never forget to plug it in again. Anyway I have been trying to get everything working since I first built this thing. Then the other day I toasted my revo so i purchased a new one. Tonight was the night I sat down with it and re assembled everything. I even added the wires for I2C mag once Im ready for that.

Much to my excitement once I plugged it in EVERYTHING works. Even the OPLINK!!! So freaking excited!!!

I have to thank everyone that has helped me along this process you are more than appreciated! Nothing like having a successful build!
btw...it also doesnt fly all that bad with default PID's. Needs tuned of course but that will come soon.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 07:06:59 am by jtrout19 »

@marc

• Ask me about LibrePilot2Go on Android.
Re: Such A Wonderful Feeling!!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 10:37:58 am »
Wow, what a beast. Very Cool.
I have to look at that PDB....

jtrout19

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 02:24:36 pm »
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__68699__HK_Pilot_Power_VI_Module_Distribution_Board_And_Dual_UBEC_ALL_In_One_120A_and_10s_AR_Warehouse_.html?strSearch=hk%20pilot%20power

There ya go. Its got a 12v and a 5v BEC but I toasted the 5V when I toasted my other revo. So...that is the reason for the separate BEC for 5v. I am playing around with the idea of stepping up to 4s.

I had to calculate my own sensor calibration value for that PDB so if anyone else uses it VoltageFactor 10.26 and CurrentFactor 31.5467 should be a good place to start. Those are the value I use and they seem to be spot on for me.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 02:33:07 pm by jtrout19 »

jtrout19

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 03:19:40 pm »
Fantastic, another quick question I see that in 16.09 they have added quite a few more options in the vehicle setup wizard. When I get this thing all tuned up and flying A1 can I submit my quad and settings to be added? I only ask because there are not many selections for larger quads in there.